Search the forum,

Discuss New boiler - connecting pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paraig

I have had 2 different opinions from gas engineers.

To replace my old conventional boiler with a new combi boiler, it seems the connecting pipes are the wrong size (too small). Not sure if this is gas or water pipes.

One engineer says pipes need to be replaced, the other says not. What are the possible issues with just connecting the pipes to bigger diameter pipes?

Property is 3 bed house.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
More likely it's the gas, which now has to be sized correctly,
A. To make the boiler work efficiently
B. The manufacturer will void the warranty if it's undersized.

Agree with @stani but may also need to consider the size of the cold water pipe, may also need to be upgraded to give adequate flow rates depending on existing system.

Definitely need to clarify - or get a 3rd opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New boiler - connecting pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

H
I need some help and advice with a boiler issue. We have F29 and then F29 appearing on our new boiler. This happened after few days where water was dripping from the condensation pipe. Our regular gas engineer(who installed the boiler) was not available and will be in a couple of days. The...
Replies
Views
Hi , i'm new to this forum & would like some advice , i have an upstairs bathroom & was wondering if i could put a cloackroom loo downstairs , my worry is how do i connect to the existing soil pipe , or is it possible to dig under where the new loo will be in case the soil pipe runs along the...
Replies
Views
New built home. Has a combi on a 2 heating zones. The issue boiler located inside garage has a frost stat and a status ct100 pipe stat. The boiler is running through the night and the radiator on the 2nd zone that room is roasting hot. Any suggestions? The pipe stat is on 40 degrees can this...
Replies
Views
P
I am having a new system boiler to replace very old cast iron open vented jobbie. heating engineer has offered an S plan system and a Main eco compact. My understanding is that S plan will return water at too high a temperature for boiler to run efficiently and stops weather compensation.
Replies
Views
Podengo
P
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock