Search the forum,

Discuss New bender time. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
My hilmors have started rippling the pipes a lot and the 15 scrapes the side a bit. I think 12 years of abuse has taken its toll.

I have tried cleaning and greasing it but doesn't last long.

So time for some new ones, I would get some more but I have heard the new ones are not as good as they used to be so what do I go for?

I don't really want to buy second hand as I know a lot of plumbers are like me and just lob them around.

My hilmors have started rippling the pipes a lot and the 15 scrapes the side a bit. I think 12 years of abuse has taken its toll.

I have tried cleaning and greasing it but doesn't last long.

So time for some new ones, I would get some more but I have heard the new ones are not as good as they used to be so what do I go for?

I don't really want to buy second hand as I know a lot of plumbers are like me and just lob them around.

Monument ones are decent, you can pick them up online for £50 as well.

Bend it now.

They used to make hilmor as you remember them before irwin pulled the plug

Third Vote for bend it now - [DLMURL="http://www.benditnow.co.uk/plumbing-machines/bhb-15-22/product/show"]BHB-15/22 (15-22mm Hand Bender)[/DLMURL]

Takes pride spot in me van :D

IMG_20150916_184749188_HDR.jpgIMG_20150916_184754438.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I was born to do the big boy stuff :D Why you ask? What you spotted? Currently doing some 76 stainless gas at a new Mcdonalds - im lovin' it :D

Millsy you won't be disappointed with your choice ;)

Vans messy as it pssssst it down when I had to lug me tools back to the van

Last edited:
Yeah, I was born to do the big boy stuff :D Why you ask? What you spotted? Currently doing some 76 stainless gas at a new Mcdonalds - im lovin' it :D

aco 301 and rems cento :)

Good spot :D The rems cutter cuts stainless like butter. Love mapress. Got everything for the ACO301 up to 88.9mm and my little ACO 202 she can press up to 66.7mm :D I've even had fittings flown over from Germany because no one has had them in stock - Smith Brothers (Pipe Merchants) are great for fittings and pipe.

IMG_20150430_091846514.jpg
IMG_20150519_140251452.jpg

Good spot :D The rems cutter cuts stainless like butter. Love mapress. Got everything for the ACO301 up to 88.9mm and my little ACO 202 she can press up to 66.7mm :D I've even had fittings flown over from Germany because no one has had them in stock - Smith Brothers (Pipe Merchants) are great for fittings and pipe.

View attachment 22963
View attachment 22964

they have a depo near manchester right?

and same love the big 2" up the bigger the better

would you recommend the cento been thinking for a while now

+1 for Bend It Now. Have 2, we all love them!

@ShaunCorbs - Yes mate, managed to get a ex broughton hire one off ebay for £350. Only use it for the big stuff above 54mm as my hand cutters with a stainless wheel cut it fine plus more practical but for anything bigger this cuts it great plus fittings slide on lovely afterwards.

Nearest smith brothers to you would be Smith Brothers Leicester.

These guys bend over backwards and some how can get hold of gear quicker than most BSS/Pipe Centers. I deal with SBS Southampton they so Xpress and their own brand - Sanah - SANHA. A perfect fit.: SANHA GmbH & Co. KG

Which is just the same, these guys have flown stuff over to me next day which is great :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New bender time. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock