Search the forum,

Discuss New BAXI Premium 28 not power flushed b4 fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pinklady54

Hi, the above boiler was fitted and not power flushed.
Would a power flushing now just put DIRT n Muck into new boiler please?
In effect cancelling MY 10 YEAR GUARANTEE
Also What does a power flush entail?
Is System done as whole or each rad separatly?
thanks

Install a magnaclean on return, the power flushing can be done with the boiler completely disconnected.

The installer simply rotates the flow and return valves through 180d and attaches 3/4" MALE iron into said valve and what ever fitting is on end of hose. A powerflush may or may not be required depending on system conditions!

A suitably experienced powerflushing fitter would advise accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be 'correct' MOST manufacturers require the system be 'flushed', without any mention of 'powerflush'. If you have concerns over the system not being flushed and you have had system installed by BAXI approved installer (which we are to assume you have if you believe you are qualified to 10 year warranty) get in touch with BAXI and explain your concerns, giving them details of their approved installer who, if what you say is true, has not fulfilled the conditions of his contract with BAXI. Follow this up with a letter (or even better an email - permanent unremovable record on both ends) for future protection before you forget the details.

Hi Perfect Thank You, yes I did get him from their website BAXI , I had not thought about getting back to them , I shall do tomorrow, thanking you

I wrote to Baxi yesterday, this morning they called, said nothing to do with them, They make boilers.!

Not a word from the fitters today.

It is good practice on todays modern boilers to power flush small bore heating systems, before the new appliance is fitted. Manufacturers will not accept warrantee claims if the fault is caused by water quality. So they are not specific about power flushing but are concerned with water quality, so power flushing does help.

Hi , there is an inline DESCALER fitted and old type Spirotech; no magnetic thingy on it.

Pinklady, are you a Landlord? The reason I ask is becos I seem to remember you posting an earlier thread about 'New Boiler Fitted and No Power Flush' or something in those lines. You said they left in a hurry almost killing your neighbours child who was in the drive. You found bottle of inhibitor etc etc? Is the Baxi boiler post the same one?
Just curious, that's all.
The spirotec does same thing as Magnaclean. Personally, I fit TF1 filters. Have only ever fitted one Magnaclean and will never fit a spirotec.

Hmm, your threads seem extremely suggestive, as if you're working it to point us into giving you an answer you want so you can quote us on it?

its as if you want us to say YES you They MUST powerflush it, YES its a requirement.
an no, you cant quite me on that.
you already had your answers in the other thread.

Pinklady, are you a Landlord? The reason I ask is becos I seem to remember you posting an earlier thread about 'New Boiler Fitted and No Power Flush' or something in those lines. You said they left in a hurry almost killing your neighbours child who was in the drive. You found bottle of inhibitor etc etc? Is the Baxi boiler post the same one?
Just curious, that's all.
The spirotec does same thing as Magnaclean. Personally, I fit TF1 filters. Have only ever fitted one Magnaclean and will never fit a spirotec.

pinklady54 came up on another thread '......I am a landlord.........'

flue photo - outside of house

Hmm, your threads seem extremely suggestive, as if you're working it to point us into giving you an answer you want so you can quote us on it?

its as if you want us to say YES you They MUST powerflush it, YES its a requirement.
an no, you cant quite me on that.
you already had your answers in the other thread.
Hi, have posted 1 pic of flue from outside house-showing plastic bags stuffed around edge of it.The flue is on the first floor, very long as the kitchen- boiler is on the recessed wall flush with window on left

Attachments

• 27 boiler 003.jpg
    27 boiler 003.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 106
power flush, system flush, or chemical flush.

you dont have to do either, but you can do either. depends on the situation ie, new pipes rads boiler=cold flush as min.

so the answer your seeking is no. also depends on whats quoted and agreed by you and installer.
pay cheap pay twice.

Gas Safe Reg:

Hi I have called the Gas Safe Register this morning, will get back to me.soon. Thank you

pinklady54 came up on another thread '......I am a landlord.........'

That explains it.
Pinklady, it seems as if most if not all of your boiler installation jobs are not up to the standards you expect.
If you do value opinions from this forum, why not get one or two RGI's on here to attend and rectify the jobs for you? I must say I do not have high regards for landlords as the majority of them like doing everything on the cheap?
YOU PAY PEANUTS, YOU GET MONKEYS.
I have drastically cut down on the number of landlords I do jobs for now. Only those ones who are prepared to accept my first quote or mail me about a job and let me get on with it confident that I'll charge a 'fair' price will I work for.

Last edited:
Looks like the air intake isn't blocked though, it's hard to tell from the pic. Don't think that hole was cored though :tongue:

It looks like the air intake doesn't clear the wall. I'm betting that it wasn't the most expensive quote, you being a Landlord an all.

Hi, I'm just Mum, this was my son's home He lives in Australia for last 6 years,
he call's me the 'Landlady', as I take care of it for him and do not RIP tenants off WITH high RENTS .
Previous Tenant was there for 5 years wih no increase on RENT.
No the air intake does not clear the outside wall. Thank you

Hi, What doe's 'cored' mean please.
Is that a separate housing from Flue?
I'm not sure, thank you

Ok , the hole was already there from previous Worcester Bosch 28i we installed 9 years ago, thanks

ÂŁ2200, 2 others had said they would match it but the deposit was already paid. Thank you

Hi paying over ÂŁ2000 ++ I do not think is cheap,. 2 others matched it but deposit was paid.
This is my sons property, as I am retired I look after it for him.
I am not a rip off landlord, rent is ÂŁ200pm cheaper than estate agents for 3 bedroom property in the area.
I look after my tenants; last one stayed 5 years with no rent increase, thankyou

PS, besides being a landlord or not; when one employs a GAs SAfe registered company I expect the JOB to be up to scratch with Laws /Rules of Gas SAfe , The whole point of them is it not?.
Irrelevent on the JOb cost They are Registered so the whole point of using a registered person or persons surely?

I'm just a retired MUM, who looks after my sons property, He calls me 'the landlady' thats it.
As he lives abroad ( I miss him as well)
We do not'' rip off our tenants at all. WE I look after them, thank you

Gas safe will contact the installer and give opertunity to correct but that's usually it. A strongly worded letter of complaint to gas safe, building control (local council) and what ever trade bodies they belong to .

price sounds like PF should be included though. on other hand hard to tell what youve been quoted for

Last edited:
My apologies if that's the case, "cored" is a large diameter drill for neat flue holes. In your case it's not relevant to you, because it was an existing installation. I'm not sure what the full job entailed, so can't say if it's cheap or expensive.
Saying you can't trust Gas safe engineers is a very sweeping statement, there are good and bad, mostly good.
I think you in a commanding position, you've only paid half! In January it'll be easy to find an engineer to rectify the works for the full remainder of funds.

What is going on with your keyboard pink lady?

Anyway, the not power flushed is the least of your concerns. From your description the new installation sounds potentially dangerous and could be riddled with faults. I'd recommend holding back on payment, get a free gas safe inspection, as well as a quote to sort out the faults.

I visited the property 2day and can confirm that the flue air intake does not clear the wall? At least half of it is within the wall cavity.
Also, considering that the flat occupies one floor, it is my opinion that the price of ÂŁ2200 was reasonable and not 'Cheap' as most have suggested (me included). I did also see the paperwork for the quotation. It included power flushing etc. But as has been pointed out, power flushing is the least of her problems. It may not even be necessary.
All the same, I'm amazed at the whole scenario.
- BENCHMARK;
- No company address
- No installation date?
- No engineer surname? Just first name & initial?
- No figures for gas rate?
- No figures for burner pressure?
The list goes on. Benchmark has been signed by engineer & by pinklady?
A few hours after I left, the company that carried out the installation is threatening to disconnect gas to property from meter (located outside) and then to arrange a visit at some future date to come and remove boiler?
Well, I think I better stop. The stress is getting to me. Only pinklady is in a position to tell you all what is realy going on.

the company is threatening what.......... tell them to go and ........... well you get the picture. What i would do is pay somebody to put the work right riddor the installer, and make a written report of the dangerous boiler installation. Then with family support see them in court if they want.

if they come onto your property i would call the police.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New BAXI Premium 28 not power flushed b4 fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Mother-in-law was quoted ÂŁ1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well. I was wondering, as 4 radiators need to be upgraded to doubles, would this need to be done if they are drained off and replaced? How does one actually know it needs a power...
Replies
Views
My plumber's quote for fitting a new boiler (Ideal Logic Max Heat only 24kw) says he will "use a power flush machine that will flush all the black dirty water once the new boiler is installed and add heating inhibitor" Is that correct ? will it send the sludge etc into the new boiler or should...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm studying plumbing and my work mate sized the opportunity to help him installing a new radiator. I'm looking for general advice which might eliminate mistakes. It'd also help me to build a portfolio before getting a job in trade. The house is old built and the rad goes into the kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi, I had my new boiler and 13 radiators installed in July last year, but since installed all the radiators always top half hot and bottom half cold or warm. I know that if radiators top half hot bottom half cold/warm, it indicates there's sludge in there. But as the radiators were all new, so...
Replies
Views
Sorry I have sort of asked this before, tried professionals but not great 1st experience hence DIY attempt attempt again. 2 completely cold rad's, another one get pretty warm, flow pipe hot, return v.luke warm. (Both rad's I have manually flushed really well) Hot water works fine, boiler return...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock