Search the forum,

Discuss New Baxi Duotec 2 Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

westyvip

Installed recently, display is flashing error code 83(not in manual) and showing spanner symbol which means cannot be reset by user, contact installer or heateam. Does anyone know what fault code might be? is there anyway i can reset the boiler without calling heatteam as i'd like to get elderly gentleman some heating on!

try purging it and re setting failing that send poxi a member on here a pm or ring BAXI if your in the worx scheme they will be out tomorrow

We've had 3 of these new baxis needing new gas valves after being installed, they was neta tecs but same as the duo tec pretty much just brass manifold on duos.
To reset them don't hold the reset button down just hold it for a second and let go it will reset that way.

Unfortunately, it doesnt reset....according to the user instruction the spanner symbol means if can only be reset by heatteam?! I am a member of worx, but they arent open again til monday so it would be tuesday before anything happens

unfortunately, it doesnt reset....according to the user instruction the spanner symbol means if can only be reset by heatteam?! I am a member of worx, but they arent open again til monday so it would be tuesday before anything happens

what about the normal baxi service they open?

I've heard there are problems with gas valve too usually after a few weeks of install. After speaking to rep. He told me there are small cases here and there.

all shut at 2pm, typical. Its next day call out aslong as your boiler doesnt breakdown on a sunday!!!!! I'v message Poxi though, so hopefully he can advise! Does he work for baxi?

funnily enough i was talking to Baxi rep on friday at Plumbcenter, I am looking to install new condensing at my own home, he never mentioned that there had been 'some' problems with the gas valves, price was'nt bad though.

cheap and cheerful thats how sum baxi. Many on here love baxi but from my 20 years experience I will not praise them. They are made cheap parts are pretty cheap but a lot of the problem related are with the original instal

had a neta tec and two duotecs fail with the error 128, one they replaced pcb and gas valve, other gas valve and netatec gas valve and memory stick.
resets with a brief press of reset, any longer and you turn the boiler off......
if i get another one am going to drop into calibration mode and get it to reset the gas type. Once reset seems to last about 6 hours. Then see if fails again.
time scales for the above failure are
3 days 28ga with plume kit
10days 28ga
3 weeks 24 netatec

strange but rep has not contacted me back about 2nd and third failures....
still i suppose a new boiler model will have a few teething problems, shame its my customers who are getting them.

allready had a new valve fitted due to error code 133 the boiler was 4 weeks old. now the clock has to be replaced, as it is loosing 5 minutes per day.
AND! the dreaded error 133 has emerged again,at least it will reset this time and fire up, but not in automatic mode,this boiler is now only 8 weeks old

Installed boiler a few weeks ago got a call this morning the boiler is flashing e 15 gas valve problem?????

Baxi will have to do something about this before it gets out of hand, I posted on this thread when it started. I have since fitted around 4 netatec's, 2 of which have had gas valve's changed, one of them has had another visit couple of weeks back, don't know what the problem is this time. But as an installer it doesn't make you look good.

When I last spoke to rep he said between 12-15% of the ones with 11 serial are goosed but they won't do a recall till it hits 18-20 in the mean time we have to suffer the brunt of it , as I know all too well

I have fault code 128 on a boiler i installed early december. Boiler resets but then 128 will apear again a few hours later. Does sound like im the victim of one of these dodgy gas valves?!

anyone else had any probs with new baxi?

I have installed a total of 3 of these new duo tec's 1 before christmas and 2 after and they have all had new gas valves and pcbs fitted. The first one is now on its 3rd set.

I have always recomended baxi but I won't be fitting any more. Its a total joke

128 is flame failure so its possible, call baxi out to it.Unless you are on a token meter and run out of gas?

BAXI should start reading these posts and publicly address the issues you guys are having,not good enough to have bad products like this IMHO

BAXI should start reading these posts and publicly address the issues you guys are having,not good enough to have bad products like this IMHO
Ya may have to re badge your axe mate lol

Maybe not at least it's not 100% failure like the isar

how do you master reset these boilers so they think they are new and go through the whole set up proceedure again

ant

Bali duo tec 2 with intermittent hot water remove heat exchanger clean as a whistle. Diverted valve appears fine any ideas

Yep get a gas Safe engineer in as what you're doing is illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Baxi Duotec 2 Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock