Search the forum,

Discuss New bath? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

con5933

Something I've found pretty useful when fitting a new bath.
We all know how difficult it can be to get the tools in behind the bath to connect the taps..
Now, it is easier with the flexible hoses i'll grant you that, but to make it even easier, make sure the tap nearest to the 'closed' or back side of the bath is connected with a push fit flexi. No more fighting while squeezed into a little gap:)

and remember...ALWAYS fit isolation valves..:D

Here is onei find works well

If you have to alter positions of existing pipe work when fitting a bath that has taps to the centre i put on the jg hand tight connectors then i use about 2 1/2ft of jg speedfit pipe with an iso valve on each pipe i find this method so much quicker than soldering loads of copper together plus it can be built up before you put the bath in place.

Hope this is of any use to anyone.

Matty

Just one thing to add don't buy the cheap pushfits off ebay, i know someone how did and out of 7 that he used he had 4 leaks, he has put the rest in the bin didn't work out so cheap

If you have to alter positions of existing pipe work when fitting a bath that has taps to the centre i put on the jg hand tight connectors then i use about 2 1/2ft of jg speedfit pipe with an iso valve on each pipe i find this method so much quicker than soldering loads of copper together plus it can be built up before you put the bath in place.

Matty

Nice 1 Matty, I do this too but the first time i forgot to secure them, 'slight case of water hammer' :) ended up stickin it to the side of the bath with sealant so it didn't jump every time the tap was turned off..:eek:

Never done a bath with taps 'in the centre' (and at the back I take it) yet. Not bothered about putting one in but I wouldn't like to be the plumber who has to tell a customer he has to rip the bath out to fix a faulty /leaking tap!

Its not as bad as you think to repair or replace the taps in the centre as long as the bath was not too big to start (plaster removed from both ends to make bath fit) if its a standard fit bath remove the pannel lower the legs and cut the silicone and uncouple the waste the bath will drop below the tiles and can be pulled out about 6'' you can then work from inside the bath and fix or replace the taps then refit bath as normal

Matty

I used this system when I installed the first of two bathrooms recently. Found it easier even after I'd spent an hour making templates and thought WTF use flexi's.

John

Mr

That's what I like about this forum.
Someone has a good time saving idea and shares it so we can all benefit. The idea of what are effectively extra long flexi tail pipes is so useful.
TH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New bath? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock