Search the forum,

Discuss Net profits for self employed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicno1

Gas Engineer
Hi guys

A rather personal post so apologies if I offend anybody.
I’m looking to re mortgage and was wondering roughly what the self employed gas engineers here net profits are not gross.
As a self employed fitter it’s harder now to get a mortgage and we need to show higher net profits to get the amount which of course means higher taxes!
If any of you would like to share your thoughts and I understand if you don’t I would really appreciate it.
Sorry if I’ve posted in the wrong forum!
Regards
Chris

Most mortgage providers will want to see 25k+ on your tax return 1 or 2 years minimum, some will only want to see your working and earning, try a mortgage broker and see whats on offer.

I am not telling you something you dont know , but if you want to borrow a substantial some of money , you have to prove you can pay it back .
If you are mortgage hunting they are not bothered between net and gross its just what you can pay back . After the last crash the lenders tightened up no end , my sister works in a bank and arranges mortgages and you wouldn’t believe what they take into consideration.

Thanks chaps.
Seems there are so many hoops to jump through now so trying to get it right before we try to apply!

Thanks chaps.
Seems there are so many hoops to jump through now so trying to get it right before we try to apply!

Maybe a couple of years declaring everything.
A customer of mine over the road ( independent mortgage advisor ) put his house on the market a couple of years ago, found a buyer ( newly qualified doctor ) and couldn’t get him a mortgage. Pfftttttttt eh .

Crazy thing is that I would probably be paying the same or less than what I’ve done for the last 12 years and nothings changed! Barmy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Net profits for self employed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, So something may be slightly different to the usual posts and looking for some advise or whether anyone has been in a similar predicament and how have you overcome it. I’m a wife of a heating engineer - who has recently started out full time (2 years ago self employed 15 years...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all I wonder if anyone could offer some advice. I’m looking for a new combi and thought I may as well upgrade to smart controls if we have to change it. I’ve pretty much worked out that I need a boiler with decent modulation (10:1 or as near to it would be great). I’d like a stainless heat...
Replies
Views
Hello, I currently work at a factory as an assistant engineer/ water manager, I am thinking of start working part-time as self-employed and if I see that I can build a reputation then I'll quit from the factory. I had my own plumbing/airconditioning company abroad for 15 years and then I moved...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock