Search the forum,

Discuss Nest Thermostat firing boiler every hour in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
good morning folks,

We moved into a new house about 4 months ago and straight away swapped the old danfloss programmer with a 3rd generation nest thermostat. I am super happy with it and know we are saving a bucket load of oil using it. One quirk of it is that once or maybe twice and hour the boiler will fire up for about 2 minutes and then shut itself off. Is this normal with the nest system? It's not bothering us at all but would like to know it's nothing to worry about.

Oil combi boiler ?

Is it Nest or is it the boiler deciding to fire up?
Can you see Nest calling for the boiler when it's on for these 2 minutes?

Were you in the house, before you fitted Nest, long enough to notice this random firing?

Has the boiler got a Frost stat?

Is it Nest or is it the boiler deciding to fire up?
Can you see Nest calling for the boiler when it's on for these 2 minutes?

Were you in the house, before you fitted Nest, long enough to notice this random firing?

Has the boiler got a Frost stat?

You don't see anything on the nest display when it does fire so I am almost sure it's just the boiler doing this or the nest doing it but not for a call for heat or water. I know it does a cycle to prevent legionaries in the pipes but it does show that on the nest display. We changed the old timer as soon as we got it so can't answer the old performance unfortunately.

I haven't seen a frost stat mentioned in the boiler docs. It has been happening no matter how nice the weather has been though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nest Thermostat firing boiler every hour in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock