Search the forum,

Discuss nerrad tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't resist, in reply to your comment about not having the balls to build something like them, atleast my business has a fully set up, working and active website.

Amateurs

No they do not supply them, this is a fact and in any case makes absolutely no sense.

All Nerrad do is rebrand other people's tools, they do not make or design tooling of any kind, quite why you are trying to suggest otherwise is a mystery, I suspect you are just a mole for the company going on various forums spreading the word of how great these tools are to drum up sales, a very risky strategy because if found out a company uses this tactic, it normally leads to massive consumer distrust.

At best micky, you are tarnishing what little reputation they have got with replys like the above

Honestly Gas, I'm sure you're a really nice bloke in real life but you need to go to bed mate....you're getting tired :)

Honestly Gas, I'm sure you're a really nice bloke in real life but you need to go to bed mate....you're getting tired :)

All businesses are open to scrutiny, I am sorry you are so upset over this seeing as you claim you do not work there designing packaging and ordering tools in from the far east.

Night.

All businesses are open to scrutiny, I am sorry you are so upset over this seeing as you claim you do not work there designing packaging and ordering tools in from the far east.

Night.

Of course all businesses are open the scrutiny, won't argue there. I'm not sure about the designing packaging and ordering tools in bit though, wish I had the sense then I wouldn't have to spend my life under baths !

Night Gas.

OK STOP hijacking this thread with daft banter or Ill bang yer 'eds together. Facts like 'they are made by" and "they are not made by" ought to be substantiated with evidence rather than flung at each other in a way that appears merely opinion.

Admin: Can you change the topic header to "Nerrad tools" - be interesting to open this up as a topic on their selection alone.

Next review for me:
I bought another one of theirs today, the adjustable ratchet wrench. Plumber in PTS was raving about his, so I bought one. I tried it immediately I got back to site and found it disappointing: when the nut was less than hand tight the spring action just turned it back and forth so I nipped it up by hand as tight as poss, no problem with that. The tool worked very well (although tricky to keep on the nut as its a slack fit) until it got fairly tight, then it just slips round. This was on a hex nut, if it was on a ridged bumpy type one (no idea what they are called), then it woudnt stand a chance.
Overall, like the Jet Sweat, an expensive investment for something that may get used very rarely, ie possibly for some turning in a tight place. Shame because the theory is excellent.

Oh, and back to the wide jaw, Nerrad market them as Medium Duty, its written on the packet. Oh and made in China apparently (Quote from Supertool MFTN68A 8" Aluminum Adjustable Wrench Wide Opening)

name changed as requested. i'll look the other way if you bang some 'eds together :smile5:

Re: Jet Sweat

OK STOP hijacking this thread with daft banter or Ill bang yer 'eds together. Facts like 'they are made by" and "they are not made by" ought to be substantiated with evidence rather than flung at each other in a way that appears merely opinion.

Admin: Can you change the topic header to "Nerrad tools" - be interesting to open this up as a topic on their selection alone.

Next review for me:
I bought another one of theirs today, the adjustable ratchet wrench. Plumber in PTS was raving about his, so I bought one. I tried it immediately I got back to site and found it disappointing: when the nut was less than hand tight the spring action just turned it back and forth so I nipped it up by hand as tight as poss, no problem with that. The tool worked very well (although tricky to keep on the nut as its a slack fit) until it got fairly tight, then it just slips round. This was on a hex nut, if it was on a ridged bumpy type one (no idea what they are called), then it woudnt stand a chance.
Overall, like the Jet Sweat, an expensive investment for something that may get used very rarely, ie possibly for some turning in a tight place. Shame because the theory is excellent.

Oh, and back to the wide jaw, Nerrad market them as Medium Duty, its written on the packet. Oh and made in China apparently (Quote from Supertool MFTN68A 8" Aluminum Adjustable Wrench Wide Opening)

Seen the Supertool website, the light duty original were Chinese but the medium with the beefier jaw apparently made by the Japanese company. So the fellas tell me anyway. I broke a light duty trying to undo a seized pump nut but the new ones have been fine but I doubt I'd bash them too hard.

I have the bigger of the two ratchet wrenches, quite a chunky bit of kit. I find that the jaws have to snugged up nicely on the nut otherwise you're right, they can slip. Clever mechanism though but probably wouldn't tolerate loads of muck getting into the sliding jaw part of it. I use mine all the time TBH.

imagejpeg

I couldn't resist, in reply to your comment about not having the balls to build something like them, atleast my business has a fully set up, working and active website.

Amateurs

im with gas on this! My brand new Nerrad cutters all bloody spiral! 2nd set to do this, less than 30 cuts I estimate in use! They have no website, and contact details hard to come by for Nerrad tools..

Having used the ratchet wrench now for a few weeks, it is mildly useful here and there but no good on nuts that are too loose or too tight. I'll keep it in the bag but won't get used much, was only £17 so will pay for itself inside a year I guess. Quality wise, it's definitely got the Chinese feel about it.

I bought the the ratchet pipe slices too, they are clearly just made by whoever makes the monument ones, just add plastic case. They are ok but if space is tight I'd probably go back to normal pipe slice and pump wrench.

Don't even have any pump pliers footprints are best

I was same, but I was given a pair of Elliot Lucas pump pliers & have found them better than Footprints for certain jobs where there is working space for longer handles of the pump pliers.
The pump pliers with their smaller plier opening have the advantage over Footprints in some tight spots & have comfortable brilliant leverage & grip. I was able to remove 1/2" tap spindle that had sheared off a bath mixer leaving a mere few mm above the surface, using pump pliers. I now wouldn't want to be without them just incase I get a job that suits them better.
Footprints def are the best for most jobs - especially where no room for large handles.

Last edited:
im with gas on this! My brand new Nerrad cutters all bloody spiral! 2nd set to do this, less than 30 cuts I estimate in use! They have no website, and contact details hard to come by for Nerrad tools..
You won't get a replacement, even though they will tell you they are on next day delivery anyway, i gave up after 3 weeks, pretty sure that is their game plan.

I had the wide jaw supertool adjustable which is the same but re branded for nerrads offering.

i would say that the aluminium build does it no favours.

being aluminium using it on a nut that is already fairly tight actually flexes it slightly allowing it to slip!
I also used it on a Crome nut and found it just slipped.

in the end i bent it slightly, didn't use it for a few weeks.

after that i was rather silly with it and managed to somehow, jam it in position and wedge the adjustment in position, no matter what i did i couldn't free it up.

i have since got another and cut the handle off it, perfect for awkward to reach places, giving you that little bit more grip before using the basin wrench.

overall, it isn't bahco

I have one from tool station. Not impressed it feels like it came out of a cracker or a gum ball machine or something. Way too loose on the adjustment tolerances and flexes in all sorts of directions. Nice idea badly produced. I originally bought it to do up basin waste backnuts when dressing basins. But have not found them as effective as large pump pliers.

Weight is misleading tho, was going to say you like to know you holding a spanner but my offset 18" rigids weigh same as 8" Bacho adjustable. Fist time I picked them up though there was something a miss, gladly proven wrong tho.

You won't get a replacement, even though they will tell you they are on next day delivery anyway, i gave up after 3 weeks, pretty sure that is their game plan.

Give them a call, they'd never make anyone wait 3 weeks for a replacement

Gas and Gasafe
Went into Nerrad's place today to pick up some new products for testing.
I showed them this thread, they said that no on has spoken to them about faulty tube cutters at all and as I said previously, they would never make anyone wait 3 weeks.
They want to know who you spoke to ?

Gas and Gasafe
Went into Nerrad's place today to pick up some new products for testing.
I showed them this thread, they said that no on has spoken to them about faulty tube cutters at all and as I said previously, they would never make anyone wait 3 weeks.
They want to know who you spoke to ?

my original set went back to corgi direct, now that set do the same I was given a nerrad tool hotline number which did not work! I could not find there existence online so got back to corgi and got another number... I tried that but there was no answer possibly too near too Xmas?

Iv still got em. Might try the number again some time!

You can tell them to change the jet swets to a pistol ratcheting design too..... Would be usefull then

my original set went back to corgi direct, now that set do the same I was given a nerrad tool hotline number which did not work! I could not find there existence online so got back to corgi and got another number... I tried that but there was no answer possibly too near too Xmas?

Iv still got em. Might try the number again some time!

Honestly GS, they were pretty gutted when they saw the post. What number have you got, 0845 3051602 ?

You can tell them to change the jet swets to a pistol ratcheting design too..... Would be usefull then
That's interesting you say that, they tried another type of bung that did work on a kind of ratcheting system, it was actually a cable to disimilar to the silicon gun operation.. I tried this and it was pretty cool but could hold hardly any pressure and kept blowing out, no way could it have been used to hold mains pressure back.

Il try again, the number is in my email history but takes ages to find! Thanks, I shall let ya all know the outcome from Nerrad...

Do that, ask for Toby, just a young guy but he'll sort it out for you without a doubt. Threaten him with Mick (I'm twice his size !) if he gives you any agg :)

Morning Gas, Toby at Nerrad is really keen to get this sorted for you.

PM your mobile number and they said they'd call you straight away.

Mick
If they are that bothered, maybe they can come on here and ask the bloke themselves, instead of having, what appears, their lapdog, who at best, is damaging an already tarnished nerrad reputation.

You are getting a bit weird with this now.

If they are that bothered, maybe they can come on here and ask the bloke themselves, instead of having, what appears, their lapdog, who at best, is damaging an already tarnished nerrad reputation.

Now listen mate, they are not allowed on here apparently as they are not a sponsor so they have told me.Your comments are a bit silly, put a poll on here to ask who thinks that a supplier trying to contact a disatisfied customer is stupid.
He can't come on here ranting and raving about being sold a faulty product, complain about poor service and then dissapear as if it never happened.

Think sensibly mate, you're not.

A bit harsh Gas (actually, unnecessarily firking rude to be blunt). Micky obviously likes the tools and the ethics of the firm and wants to support them. Personally I think its great to have a link between consumer and supplier like that and if Micky is showing them our input then it can only help them improve where necessary.

Now listen mate, they are not allowed on here apparently as they are not a sponsor so they have told me.Your comments are a bit silly, put a poll on here to ask who thinks that a supplier trying to contact a disatisfied customer is stupid.
He can't come on here ranting and raving about being sold a faulty product, complain about poor service and then dissapear as if it never happened.

Think sensibly mate, you're not.

Why can't he I offered to sort a mate to take a look at your tools in the view of showing a buyer for a large chain of suppliers
Was contacted by Darren but then just ignored messages like yourself did
I when out my way to help yous out and then all I can see is bad manners so what's the difference in I there's doing it to you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to nerrad tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock