Search the forum,

Discuss nerrad tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not made there and they are imported.

I have no vested interest in this, being tolerable to the rules of UKPF, can i ask, why did you covertly try to datamine this forum?

You want us to buy your stuff, how can doing what you have done, make us want to do this?

What are you on about Gas ???

You can look at the USA website of Jet Swet, I'm sure they couldn't carry the made in USA logo otherwise.

If anything, I feel like I want it help these guys. After all, the tools are good and ultimately designed to make life easier for us plumbers.

Apparrently it is ?
Data mining (the analysis step of the "Knowledge Discovery in Databases" process, or KDD),an interdisciplinary subfield of computer science ?
The term is a buzzword and is frequently misused to mean any form of large-scale data or information processing (collection , extraction, warehousing analysiis and statistics) but is also generalized to any kind of computer decision support system, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, and business intelligence.
Now that`s as clear as mud to me too ?
Am going to take an aspirin and have a lay down I think !

Last edited by a moderator:
I much prefer alligators. Cobras are good but pressing the button gets on my wick.

Never heard of em. Only bought these two weeks back, and I'm reaching for my trusty Rothy's over them. ÂŁ40 too. Not cheap. Yeah the button is a pain. I will need to look up alligators now.

IMG_5544.jpgSo it appears alligators are the same as my old othy's. In other words, basic grips!

LOL - well spotted Tamz!

I've got to be honest, I prefer the rothy's over the Cobra's. I will buy some Alligators to add to my collection.

Might as well, I have about 4 other makes, so they can go with the collection.

BTW - that Lidl hoover has been brill. Will buy a spare when they're next in store!

So Danny has them both in hand and still tries to defend the reason Knipex are not as good, with a lidl vac and Rotemburber on a Mapp. in the same picture.

Irony so hard. Much trust. Advisory member. 100%

I prefer 10" for everyday working and they open up big enough for pump valves. The setting are just much better placed than rottenbergs which always seem a bit out to me on 3/4 nuts and i do't like the feel of them in my hand.
The old rothenbergs from about 20 years ago were different and better.

I was luck to get mine. I was on a job and the joiners had one of the lidl hoovers i went into the shop on the way home but there were none as they had been out the week before. I asked one of the girls. She got the manager who had a look through the back and there was still one there so lucky white heater.
It would sook the pattern off the carpet :lol:

So Danny has them both in hand and still tries to defend the reason Knipex are not as good, with a lidl vac and Rotemburber on a Mapp. in the same picture.

Irony so hard. Much trust. Advisory member. 100%

Gas I have no idea what you are getting at. I can give an informed opinion of what I prefer as I own and use both. I photographed the Cobras to send to my brother as we are sad like that. The other things in the back ground (vac and blow torch) have nothing to do with this conversation.

Gas I have no idea what you are getting at. I can give an informed opinion of what I prefer as I own and use both. I photographed the Cobras to send to my brother as we are sad like that. The other things in the back ground (vac and blow torch) have nothing to do with this conversation.

Ok .

Had a pair of those for about 3 or 4 years now. Good grips for cp nuts. Don't buy raptors they are not good.

Between those and my Milwaukee grips i'm sorted.

had two bahco grips, bent one and the second i snapped!

My friend has those nerrad ones.
fall a little bit short compared to the knipex though.
still nice kit.

Last edited:
Nerrad do seem capable of having other peoples stuff rebranded too, I thought I recognised the wide mouth jaw:

Nerrad Super Wide Aluminium Wrench - 68mm Jaw | Nerrad Limited NTMW68A

Toolstation > Hand Tools > Plumbers Tools > Superwide Jaws Adjustable Wrench

I bought one a while back from Toolstation bit it snapped on first application. They are just very light aluminium. Probably OK if you are dress making or flower arranging but not much cop for anything else. Sadly it undermines Nerrad's values a little...

Nerrad do seem capable of having other peoples stuff rebranded too, I thought I recognised the wide mouth jaw:

Nerrad Super Wide Aluminium Wrench - 68mm Jaw | Nerrad Limited NTMW68A

Toolstation > Hand Tools > Plumbers Tools > Superwide Jaws Adjustable Wrench

I bought one a while back from Toolstation bit it snapped on first application. They are just very light aluminium. Probably OK if you are dress making or flower arranging but not much cop for anything else. Sadly it undermines Nerrad's values a little...

You know what bunker, this was one tool that i actually got given for free in my first batch of goodies from them. We're asked to be over critical by the boys and believe it or not, told to do everything to find the breaking point. Obviously to do this, you normally have to way beyond what you would do on a normal day to day basis.

However, i did found the breaking point of these reletively quickly whilst bashing it whilst trying to undo an a seized c/h pump nut, in fairness they do market it as light duty.
They did save my life though a few times whilst working in a housing block in Kent where i had to change 4 siphons in concealed cisterns with crazy limited access. Normally i'd have to resort to a biggish set of pump pliers which you couldn't possible of spun in this void and bloody ***bersome using them blind. This is one place where these little spanners are a Godsend.

The toolsation ones are supplied by Nerrad but just with a different logo. Not sure why though.

You know what bunker, this was one tool that i actually got given for free in my first batch of goodies from them. We're asked to be over critical by the boys and believe it or not, told to do everything to find the breaking point. Obviously to do this, you normally have to way beyond what you would do on a normal day to day basis.

However, i did found the breaking point of these reletively quickly whilst bashing it whilst trying to undo an a seized c/h pump nut, in fairness they do market it as light duty.
They did save my life though a few times whilst working in a housing block in Kent where i had to change 4 siphons in concealed cisterns with crazy limited access. Normally i'd have to resort to a biggish set of pump pliers which you couldn't possible of spun in this void and bloody ***bersome using them blind. This is one place where these little spanners are a Godsend.

The toolsation ones are supplied by Nerrad but just with a different logo. Not sure why though.

Actually, i remember them saying, the new model has a beefed up lower jaw. The Toolstation ones were the older model.

This is just a complete and utter lie, the spanner is made by Spear & Jackson and supplied to TS via a subsidiary called Todays Tools. All Nerrad has done is re brand under licensing.

That is all this Nerrad seems to do, re brand other peoples tools.

This is just a complete and utter lie, the spanner is made by Spear & Jackson and supplied to TS via a subsidiary called Todays Tools. All Nerrad has done is re brand under licensing.

That is all this Nerrad seems to do, re brand other peoples tools.

Gas, you are a total .

The guys at Nerrad supplied Todays Tools with them, they are made in Japan by a company called SuperTool out of Osaka. Spear and Jackson, come on. You are the typical guy who hasn't got the balls to try and build something good like these boys are doing, fighting the odds like you wouldn't believe. They do have Monument make some bits, that i do know but certain things that Monument make are the best of the best, take the cast immersion wrench for example.

Try to spend less time looking for arguments and break out of your mold and do something positive for yourself instead of knocking others who are trying. Clearly, you haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway, back to topic if we may.

I quite like the look of something like this. I'm a bit of a gadget tool freak & these sorts of tools appeal to me.

I presume that you'd have to have it inserted into the pipe a reasonable length so as not to melt the rubber bung?!

I would imagine that as with most tools it has it's limitations, say when the valve you're cutting out is near to an elbow so the amount of pipe available to insert it into is restricted?!

On the whole, looks good.

No swearing on these forums.

No matter how much you've been aggravated.

Gas, you are a total .

The guys at Nerrad supplied Todays Tools with them, they are made in Japan by a company called SuperTool out of Osaka. Spear and Jackson, come on. You are the typical guy who hasn't got the balls to try and build something good like these boys are doing, fighting the odds like you wouldn't believe. They do have Monument make some bits, that i do know but certain things that Monument make are the best of the best, take the cast immersion wrench for example.

Try to spend less time looking for arguments and break out of your mold and do something positive for yourself instead of knocking others who are trying. Clearly, you haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about.

Anyway, back to topic if we may.

I quite like the look of something like this. I'm a bit of a gadget tool freak & these sorts of tools appeal to me.

I presume that you'd have to have it inserted into the pipe a reasonable length so as not to melt the rubber bung?!

I would imagine that as with most tools it has it's limitations, say when the valve you're cutting out is near to an elbow so the amount of pipe available to insert it into is restricted?!

On the whole, looks good.

From memory, i think the bung has to be a few inches in but it's some sort of high temp silicon rubber and they were looking at supplying the bungs on their own incase you mess one up.

My 28mm has a little chunk out of it where i whacked it in hard to a but of copper that was badly burred, still holds fine though. Plugged a 28mm vent the other day with it while flushing, didn't lose a drop.

Sorry moderator, won't happen again. :thumbs_down:

tbh looks very micky mouse, but if it floats your boat then go for it.

Although the vid is very contrived, something more lifelike would have been better. I can pee quicker than that pipe was flowing.

tbh looks very micky mouse, but if it floats your boat then go for it.

Although the vid is very contrived, something more lifelike would have been better. I can pee quicker than that pipe was flowing.

It's one of those tools Si that probably sits in the van for months on end. Admittedly, I look for reasons to use and did I get by before I had one, yes.

But it has saved a couple of times but paid for itself (not that I did pay for it) a few times over in saved time whilst power flushing, that's for sure.

Simple but clever, that's how I describe it.

Gas, you are a total .

No they do not supply them, this is a fact and in any case makes absolutely no sense.

All Nerrad do is rebrand other people's tools, they do not make or design tooling of any kind, quite why you are trying to suggest otherwise is a mystery, I suspect you are just a mole for the company going on various forums spreading the word of how great these tools are to drum up sales, a very risky strategy because if found out a company uses this tactic, it normally leads to massive consumer distrust.

At best micky, you are tarnishing what little reputation they have got with replys like the above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to nerrad tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock