Search the forum,

Discuss nerrad tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much?
Would be very handy for to solder on to a pipe in a screed floor continually dripping with water coming from rest of pipes in house.

seem ok but if your snatching valve why fit the tool just re fit new valve

These wouldnt help you solder a new rad in place using the bung method would they? You;d still need to retract them through a full bore valve which you dont want to use...sometimes annoyingly you just cant solder when bunged (eg/ downstairs under floor).

They be good for cutting in valves ect but that about it I think

Try that on anything with a bit pressure on and you will be cleaning up for a while.
If you are going to do it live cut it and bang a valve on in half the time with less mess.

Try that on anything with a bit pressure on and you will be cleaning up for a while.
If you are going to do it live cut it and bang a valve on in half the time with less mess.
dont know about you tam but i cant see how this could work in real life gadget IMHO

dont know about you tam but i cant see how this could work in real life gadget IMHO

I've got the 15, 22 and 28mm.

I think the video shows a tricky situation but demonstrates an advantage it clearly has over any other type of plug on the market, no question there. Have I used mine for that type of situation, not at all.

I do quite a bit of power flushing (don't hate me for it) and it saves me quite a bit of time on setting up an open vented system for a flush.

It's a right pain in the backside connecting the flusher to the pump valves and then opening up the valves and flusher and guessing when you've emptied the F and E enough to cap the fill. Up and down into the loft and before you know it, you've emptied the upstairs rads !

I simply whack a jet swet in the fill from the F and E and push a speed fit onto the vent. Can start flushing in minutes and as I say, no need to cut and cap the fill.

Then I just take my time bailing out the F and E while the flusher does it's work and I don't end up dragging all the crud from tank down into the system.

Also used mine for putting a vacuum in a system a few times to change rad valves or motorised valves.

One thing I will say is that it's the only bung that you could have 110% faith in, once it's in, it's in and it won't come out till you take it out. Even left site once with it temporarily blocking a main.

A good bit of kit to have in the van

Old school rules haha

I bet you any money Micky has something to do with this company, run his posts through google and a high percentage involves the term jet sweat and Nerrad :bobby:

I bet you any money Micky has something to do with this company, run his posts through google and a high percentage involves the term jet sweat and Nerrad :bobby:

Not exactly. They are based near me and I have attended several of their 'toolbox' tool testing seminars.

You will never find a bunch of harder working guys, all ex plumbers who have got together and tried to build a company to run against the might of Rothenberger and Monument.

BUT and a bit BUT, I speak highly of their products because the quality and thought that have gone into them. They seem to think out of the box and deserve to do bloody well.

Watch out for them in the future.

I've got the 15, 22 and 28mm.

I think the video shows a tricky situation but demonstrates an advantage it clearly has over any other type of plug on the market, no question there. Have I used mine for that type of situation, not at all.

I do quite a bit of power flushing (don't hate me for it) and it saves me quite a bit of time on setting up an open vented system for a flush.

It's a right pain in the backside connecting the flusher to the pump valves and then opening up the valves and flusher and guessing when you've emptied the F and E enough to cap the fill. Up and down into the loft and before you know it, you've emptied the upstairs rads !

I simply whack a jet swet in the fill from the F and E and push a speed fit onto the vent. Can start flushing in minutes and as I say, no need to cut and cap the fill.

Then I just take my time bailing out the F and E while the flusher does it's work and I don't end up dragging all the crud from tank down into the system.

Also used mine for putting a vacuum in a system a few times to change rad valves or motorised valves.

One thing I will say is that it's the only bung that you could have 110% faith in, once it's in, it's in and it won't come out till you take it out. Even left site once with it temporarily blocking a main.

A good bit of kit to have in the van

I don't see any real advantage with this over rubber bungs, maybe they hold better though, I don't know, that's about it.
btw, do you think capping the vent and capping the cold feed before you powerflush is a good idea ? :crazy

I don't see any real advantage with this over rubber bungs, maybe they hold better though, I don't know, that's about it.
btw, do you think capping the vent and capping the cold feed before you powerflush is a good idea ? :crazy

Errrrrrr.......have you ever tried flushing an open vented heating system with the vent and fill not capped off ??????????? Can anyone tell me what happens when you switch the flushing machine on......anyone ?

Going back to to rubber bungs, if you look at the video again, does it look possible to replicate the demonstration with simple rubber bungs that go into the end of the pipe ?

The tools cost me £41. Frankly if that saves me a sweat on a Friday afternoon in 3 years time, it will be money well spent. I could have really done with a 28mm one today, bugger was dripping from somewhere..

The tools cost me £41. Frankly if that saves me a sweat on a Friday afternoon in 3 years time, it will be money well spent. I could have really done with a 28mm one today, bugger was dripping from somewhere..

You're dead right. It certainly is not everyday tool, at least not for me.

Haha take it you've never flushed an open vented system before then

Not exactly. They are based near me and I have attended several of their 'toolbox' tool testing seminars.

You will never find a bunch of harder working guys, all ex plumbers who have got together and tried to build a company to run against the might of Rothenberger and Monument.

BUT and a bit BUT, I speak highly of their products because the quality and thought that have gone into them. They seem to think out of the box and deserve to do bloody well.

Watch out for them in the future.

Didn't say there was anything wrong with that, just made the connection, best of luck to the guys i say.

I hate Rottenburger, sour grapes how they corporately force acquisitions, patent it, brand it, then rip us all off.

How have your lads got around this licensing and UK wide fickle patent laws? The guys that made this live in the USA.

You need to include the feed and vent pipes in the flush. Link them together and valve inline .

Didn't say there was anything wrong with that, just made the connection, best of luck to the guys i say.

I hate Rottenburger, sour grapes how they corporately force acquisitions, patent it, brand it, then rip us all off.

How have your lads got around this licensing and UK wide fickle patent laws? The guys that made this live in the USA.

Of course Gas, apologies if I came across a little defensive on behalf of the guys.

They don't let me in on all their commercial secrets but our little tool box group have become pretty tight.

Rothenberger are out to get them, obviously regardless of whether the love or loathe Roth, they will want to put pay to any future threat. Apparently Roth have been trying to acquire them for a while but the boys have resisted. Obviously their little company isn't worth much but it was for damage limitation for Roth, again you can kind of understand it. They also have been pushed by TP to buy them out as they are a pretty big supplier to PTS now. Again, they want to go it alone and I say fair play to them.

Honestly though GAS, if you saw some of the new products they are scrapping money together to get patents on, you wouldn't believe it. I probably can't say anymore than that as all us guys have to put our name to confidentiality agreements.

In answer to your question on the Jet Swets, I believe they are made in Las Vegas and like all of the boy's tools, none are made in China or India.

I do know that they were looking for another 'few good men' to trial a few new tools, don't know if they've found a few more but I can find out.

Probably need to be in the South London area though.

Of course Gas, apologies if I came across a little defensive on behalf of the guys.

They don't let me in on all their commercial secrets but our little tool box group have become pretty tight.

Rothenberger are out to get them, obviously regardless of whether the love or loathe Roth, they will want to put pay to any future threat. Apparently Roth have been trying to acquire them for a while but the boys have resisted. Obviously their little company isn't worth much but it was for damage limitation for Roth, again you can kind of understand it. They also have been pushed by TP to buy them out as they are a pretty big supplier to PTS now. Again, they want to go it alone and I say fair play to them.

Honestly though GAS, if you saw some of the new products they are scrapping money together to get patents on, you wouldn't believe it. I probably can't say anymore than that as all us guys have to put our name to confidentiality agreements.

In answer to your question on the Jet Swets, I believe they are made in Las Vegas and like all of the boy's tools, none are made in China or India.

I do know that they were looking for another 'few good men' to trial a few new tools, don't know if they've found a few more but I can find out.

Probably need to be in the South London area though.

having already poured money into these tools...*hint hint*

They have a board of their tools at my local PTS. All looks like quality made stuff. I would buy some if it wasn't so expensive. I liked the look of their grips but for a little less money I bought some Cobras. Everyone on here seems to love cobras. I prefer my old fashioned Rothy grips if I'm honest.

They are not made there and they are imported.

I have no vested interest in this, being tolerable to the rules of UKPF, can i ask, why did you covertly try to datamine this forum?

You want us to buy your stuff, how can doing what you have done, make us want to do this?

I much prefer alligators. Cobras are good but pressing the button gets on my wick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to nerrad tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock