Search the forum,

Discuss Need work experience/plumbers mate UNPAID in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

suny316

Hello, I'm new to this forum, I understand how impossible it is to find work as a plumber if you knew nothing about the trade and then studied it at college and had a crappy practical teacher o top of that, ending up with some damn good theory knowledge, but a lack of practical experience.

All I really need is on-site experience, to know how to fix things, relpace, walking the path, not just knowing it. I've got my Level 2 Diploma, and currently studying Level 3. But getting an NVQ is not possible it would seem. Ive contacted a load...

It's not easy getting on site experience but you could help yourself by telling us a bit more about yourself.

Where you live would be really helpful for a start! Have you had any experience at all? Helping out, minor repairs around the house?

A good call. I live in The Berkshire area, East of London, but have literally no exp in plumbing apart from the dodgy assessments I had at my old college doing Level 2. To be straight, I know basic soldering techniques, framework in general. But things like bending and measurements, well its been so long my knowledge in that area has escaped me, since I haven't done anything practically since June.

Thought Berkshire was West of London and to say you`ve forgotten stuff since June is pretty weak, how old are you, do you drive?

Does depend on which way you are facing London don't it rpm? LOL

Also good idea to let them know on here when you will be available to work if you are doing the Level 3 full time course that must be at least two days out of the week.

Come on, have a think about what info people will need to known about you & provide it before they have to ask otherwise it is not going to give a good impression about your usefulness to them on site.
If they are going to give you there time & knowledge you will need to give them something (your labour) back in return.

Yeah it's actually West of London my mistake. I don't have a license yet, working on one though, and the Level3 course is actually 3 days a week, but I'm aware it should be twice a week, that's the college's system though.

If anyone would want to take me on, I'm free every day apart from wed thurs and Friday.

I understand you think it's stupid for me to forget things since June, but to be honest I was one of those people who asked lots of questions since I didn't understand much, and had a practical teacher who not only taught us terribly, didn't give a damn, but also would yell at you for not getting something, you may think i'm being ignorant, but you weren't there when I was studying, and any other student in that class will tell you the same.

I'm keen and want to learn, I even use online resources to help myself, but it's not like actually doing work, I try hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need work experience/plumbers mate UNPAID in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take me out a couple days of the week to help me get more experience. I did 1 week of work experience at equans doing maintenance but i wouldn’t mind...
Replies
Views
I'm looking in Leicster and lincoln area for volunteering as plumbers mate to gain experience with my lv2 city and guilds plumbing and lv 3 city and guilds water regs and advance hot water. If anyone needs an hand let me know...
Replies
Views
Hi All I've just started out studying NVQ level 2 plumbing and Heating and then further on to gas engineering. I work full time (Self-employed) and have been a successful Chef for 35 years but have no experience in the plumbing and gas industry. I have a car (clean licence) a good attitude and...
Replies
Views
I’m due to finish my level 2 next year and I am looking for a plumbers mate work to gain some more experience, I have a basic theory knowledge in plumbing and still learning I’m currently looking to improve on the practical side on site. Is there any plumbers looking for someone? Thanks
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few positions, did a bit of freelance and was continually working late hours and evenings unpaid as well as every weekend. I ended up getting burnout and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock