Search the forum,

Discuss Need some help/a little advice. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Apprentice

Hi guys,

I just joined this forum under the recommendation from a Tradesman I've been working with to see if I can pursue my career down-south (Coventry).

I'm currently enrolled in a 4 year Apprenticeship in Edinburgh, Scotland in which I've served 2 almost 3 years at work and done a year at college, all I have left to do is my Central Heating and Gas. But for personal reasons I've come to the conclusion that I won't finish my apprenticeship in Scotland and this isn't an easy decision for me as I've worked hard since I left school to secure it, all in all I've got about almost 5 years experience in the trade.

I'm very experienced in maintenance work & installs. Installations consist of Bathrooms (W.Cs, WHBs, Baths, Showers) and Kitchens. I've started to do Heating and know quite a lot about the different systems and how boilers etc work, just never had on-site experience as the firm I'm with only specify that plumbers do plumbing work; Gas Engineers would deal with that.

I'm dedicated, have good time-keeping and I'm very keen to pursue my career as a Plumber as it's something I've always wanted to do and I could do it here but just personal reasons have forced me to reach out and try to do it elsewhere. I have a lot of good references and can provide proof of the type of work I've done.

My questions simply consist of, how could I go about completing my Apprenticeship without being employed as I've heard it works different in England than it does Scotland. My other obvious question would be going about getting employed. I've already asked around and have a few people down there willing to help me out but can't employ me but they are going to ask around so I'm crossing my fingers.

Hopefully someone on here can lend me a hand or point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Allright guys if anyone can help this guy that would be greatful, He is currently helping me out just now up here and I can he is a good lad willing to work, Sadly he has to move down south so I am going to lose a good lad

Steven

personally I can see it being a nightmare to try and transfer from one college to another, Id say finish your training then move.

personally I can see it being a nightmare to try and transfer from one college to another, Id say finish your training then move.

I know. I can too which is the reason I've posted on here, spoke to a college and they said it would be fine to put me onto my course that I'm leaving. Just the employment issue..

Thanks for your feedback, guess I'll have to wait and see.

PM me with a CV and your contact details, I'm always looking for the right people.

As other that have followed my posts here and on other trade forums will know, I tend to be a bit outspoken about doing things the right way :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need some help/a little advice. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock