Search the forum,

Discuss Need some advice installing a new toilet. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

waynedance

dd2b81a1653673acfc983c321e66f869.jpg

55b52fd48b5885c3a27fdeb4e47e40c8.jpg

Was looking to put a toilet where the two bricks are, dig up the floor and run a soil pipe to the drain you see. The drain goes in to the main sewer drain, the toilet in the house meets the pipe you see in the picture somewhere under the concrete floor as there is only one pipe going into the sewer.

Am I dreaming is what I want to do possible? The 2 pipes you see in the wall are from the kitchen sink and washing machine. Was looking tooce these so they end up using the same pipe as the toilet.
The drain you see will eventually be sealed up when the flooring goes down.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to say have you contacted your local building control ?, is this going in a new extension ?

Putting up a conservatory with a wall on one side where toilet will be.

Is what I want to do possible for a diy job?

What about venting, been reading all sorts.

need building regs approval as a minimum, plus that drain will have a trap in it and will need to come out in order to run a loo into it or it will just block. probably need planning for an ext as well so best talk to the council bods, submit some *** packet drawings and take it from there.

As above but to give you an idea of what you are up against.

You will have to dig down through the concrete to expose the exist drain line to that trapped gully, it is likely to be encased in the buildings footing so it will be fun as the clay drain line is much softer than the concrete around it.

The gully will have to be removed & the drain line altered to form either a stub stack (if you are lucky with Building Control) or a fully ventilated stack (if you are not) as it will be the head of the run.
All the waste pipes as well as the new toilet will then go into the new stack above ground.

It's a fun job even if you are an experience plumber.

Thanks for advice, seems a big job.
Wonder how much this would cost a qualified person to do?

Get 3 or 4 quotes then come back to us. We don't discuss prices on the forum due to the geographical area we cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need some advice installing a new toilet. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock