Search the forum,

Discuss Need replacement tap cartridge PAINI ASME A112181UPC ANSI NSF61 KK GN90 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

letzzep

Hello,
I stripped a leaking monobloc tap, with the hope of obtaining a replacement cartridge, and found the following details stamped on the valve;-
PAINI ASME A112181UPC ANSI NSF61 KK GN90
The tap manufacturer is unknown.
The tap is a quarter turn
The overall length of the cartridge is 55mm
The dia of the base is 18.75mm
The thread is 1/2" BSP
The length of the shaft which goes into the handle is 19.5mm, (from the locking nut to the end)
The problem I am having when trying to obtain a replacement, is that all of the ones I've seen have a spline fitting on the end 7.6mm dia, whereas the original one has a 9mm dia smooth shaft.
The tap handle is locked onto the 9mm dia shaft with a grub screw. This handle also has a square receptacle, so a cartridge with a square end could also be used.
WP_20170507_11_28_59_Pro[1].jpg

Does anyone know where I can obtain a replacement?
If I could find a cartridge with a 9mm dia spline I think it would be possible to use this?
Can anyone help please?
Many thanks

If you can't source the whole valve then best bet may be to try and only source the ceramic disks themselves, that's the bit that wears out.
Take it to a decent merchants and pop the rubber flange out and compare the ceramic parts to their stock.

If you can't source the whole valve then best bet may be to try and only source the ceramic disks themselves, that's the bit that wears out.
Take it to a decent merchants and pop the rubber flange out and compare the ceramic parts to their stock.
Ok, thanks, that's an option I could try

I have never seen works like that, with the round part on the end of spindle. Are you sure that round part doesn't come off? What is on the top of spindle, - a bolt head?
I am just thinking it might be splines in below that round part.

I have never seen works like that, with the round part on the end of spindle. Are you sure that round part doesn't come off? What is on the top of spindle, - a bolt head?
I must admit I didn't think to check that. There is a bolt head on the end. Next time I'm at the house I will check that. Many thanks

I must admit I didn't think to check that. There is a bolt head on the end. Next time I'm at the house I will check that. Many thanks
After returning to the house today, I checked & you were absolutely right. The round part was actually an added sleeve, held on by the end screw, this sleeve contained female splines, and just slid off the male splines (7.6mm dia). What I assumed to be a washer was actually a flange on the end of this added sleeve! I can now obtain a 55mm replacement cartridge and re-use this sleeve to fit the existing taps.
Many thanks for your assistance (just goes to prove you should never assume anything until you've checked it).
Regards

That's brilliant my thinking turned out correct.
Remember there are loads of different ceramic cartridges types and you need the round sleeve part to be a match for the number of splines it has. Screwfix cartridges are a bargain at under ÂŁ6 for a pair, but they won't do every tap

Piani are in Thirsk in Yorkshire and very helpful. Typically their valves are 20 spline but heights vary. Their prices are very reasonable too. HTH

Hello,
I stripped a leaking monobloc tap, with the hope of obtaining a replacement cartridge, and found the following details stamped on the valve;-
PAINI ASME A112181UPC ANSI NSF61 KK GN90
The tap manufacturer is unknown.
The tap is a quarter turn
The overall length of the cartridge is 55mm
The dia of the base is 18.75mm
The thread is 1/2" BSP
The length of the shaft which goes into the handle is 19.5mm, (from the locking nut to the end)
The problem I am having when trying to obtain a replacement, is that all of the ones I've seen have a spline fitting on the end 7.6mm dia, whereas the original one has a 9mm dia smooth shaft.
The tap handle is locked onto the 9mm dia shaft with a grub screw. This handle also has a square receptacle, so a cartridge with a square end could also be used.View attachment 29773
Does anyone know where I can obtain a replacement?
If I could find a cartridge with a 9mm dia spline I think it would be possible to use this?
Can anyone help please?
Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need replacement tap cartridge PAINI ASME A112181UPC ANSI NSF61 KK GN90 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - trying to replace this quarter-turn cartridge from kitchen mixer tap but cannot find anything similar online. Spline length 9mm with 28 teeth; overall length 53mm. Many thanks, Chris.
Replies
Views
How do i replace the quarter turn cartridge on this cooke & lewis ricci bath mixer tap . Normally there is a grub screw somewhere to take the handle off, but for the life of me i cannot find one on this mixer. Any helpful suggestions would be greatfully received.
Replies
Views
Hi, my 2-handle kitchen mixer tap started dripping cold water. I've got it apart and am waiting for a new cold water, ceramic disc, 1/4 turn, cartridge to be delivered. Meanwhile I can't completely turn off the isolating (or service) valve, whose screwdriver slot is now knackered. So, with tap...
Replies
Views
I need to replace a kitchen tap cartridge. The code stamped on existing cartridge is BS5412 CD XZ 24. I've tried this code with Screwfix, B&Q and Tap Magician - they've all provided a cartridge that fits the tap, but is actually not compatible with the handle/shroud itself!! The splines I am...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been trying to find out how to release the retainer nut on a watersmith (Screwfix) mono bloc basin mixer tap. It does not have a hex nut but rather a recessed nut with two flat pieces opposite each other and elliptical the test of it. No space for grips, adjustable spanners etc. I've...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock