Search the forum,

Discuss Need help with Thermaflow boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Wondering if there is any Thermaflow experts on here who can help with a problem I am having with my heating in my home?

We inherited a Thermaflow boiler from the person who previously owned the house, apart from the expansion tank going flat it has been running fine for both of us, enough hot waters for showers, heating etc.

We had this problem however ever since our Meter was switched over due to it being faulty and the unit numbers not going up. Our boiler sits at 1.5 psi which is fine, we turn on the heating, it turns on and is circulated to all heaters with a nice heat, but this only lasts for around 30-40 minutes, then it goes cold(thermostat downstairs still saying heating should be one with Sunshine symbol), boiler then hits around the 1.1/1.2 psi mark. We then go for showers, one of us will barely get a warm shower before the water goes cold...

Get to around 22:30 and rate 2 kicks in, heats up boiler during the night, back to 1.5 rinse and repeat.

We are on Standard Tariff on Scottish Power with a 2 rate meter and have been since we moved in, This has never been an issue in the past so I don't know why it is being one now. I have read over countless articles regarding the Thermaflow boilers and how they are on Economy tariffs where they heat up in 2/3 segments throughout the day and night. Is this all that is causing this problem? If so then why hasn't it flagged up before now?

The boiler itself when the heating turns on is pretty lifeless. You can hear the motor go obviously to circulate the water, but I thought maybe it would turn on in someway to maybe keep a heat and pressure up in the boiler? I remember hearing other things going on in the early evening whenever the heating was on, but Boiler seems pretty lifeless now. Has something blown?

I have had the boiler checked over by a friend, all the heating elements are fine and we couldn't see any issues. The boiler does not depressurise at all, it'll drop to 1.1ish if we use hot water or heating, top itself back up again during the night. As far I know the meter has been changed correctly, it does get power when rate 2 kicks in, but i'm not sure if it should kick at other times of the day as well, but then this would usually be done if I was on a different tariff eg the Economy tariffs

We have setup the times on the thermostat downstairs, but these only really dictate when the heating comes on and off, it doesn't tell the boiler to do anything else.

I am at a loss with this and with Winter coming in i really need it sorted. Does anyone have any extensive knowledge of Thermaflow boilers and heard of this issue before? Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks for your time.

Jamie

tbh best bet is to get a spark to check the wiring since it was switched over from two to one meters

Reply to Need help with Thermaflow boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock