Search the forum,

Discuss Need Help With Course Information On Which One Is Best Please (20yrs Old) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A.Castillo

Hi, I have been looking to get into plumbing for quiet a while now but I have seen way too many training centers who offer a load of stuff that do not give results, and colleges that do not proceed to NVQ level 2 which I am aware and have re searched that its a needed Certificate to work on site, sadly i was contacted by Trades Gate way and signed with them 2 days ago which only yesterday i read up on all the reviews, I genuinely want to become a plumber but have no background information or any family who are currently in the industry, and I am definitely not looking to waste years and money on a course that wont get me any where :uhoh2:, could anyone kindly share some advice.

Hi Sorry youve had to waita week for someone to respond.
Ive not heard any good about the private training companies and in all honesty and my own opinion is they only want your money and will not provide you the industry training or knowledge you really deserve.
At 20 years old Id say, get out early to the plumbing suppliers and approach as many plumbers as you can face to face for an apprenticeship (they will be busy and rushing) so get their cards/contact details, put notices in suppliers, call all the companies within the radius area you are willing to travel, send letters emails....... Apprenticeship is truly your best route, you get the knowledge and the onsite experience that a plumber will share with you.
Im curious you say college doesn't offer the course you want? Id consider travelling to the next nearest campus.
Worst case scenario, find level 2 knowledge certificate if you cant find apprenticeship by sep 16 at least then you will be working towards half of the NVQ until you get a placement.

Very best of luck to you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need Help With Course Information On Which One Is Best Please (20yrs Old) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock