Search the forum,

Discuss Need help with a USA UK hosepipe conection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Sweatpeanut

I bought a great gizmo in the USA its a tiny fitting that turns your hosepipe into a jet wash. It cleaned up my friends driveway of years of dirt in a jiffy. So I bought one, only problem is it wont fit on a British hosepipe :(

Is there anyway I can connect it to our size hosepipe do you know?

I have bought a few jet attachments to see if they are as good and they just dont have the power of this little attachment.

It says in Wiki that the American faucet standard thread outside diameter is 1 1/16" and this standard is called GHT or Garden Hose Thread. Here in Blighty our standard outside tap thread dia is 3/4" BSP or British Standard Pipe. The two threads are not compatible.

Hope someone can help me with this. :)

Get a female ght to hose spigot

Sorry to be a pain but can you point me in the right direction to get one?
Would I be able to get one on Ebay or Amazon? I posted what you said into Google ,Ebay and Amazon and so many different things came up.

I know nothing about things like this so would be great if you could supply a link.

Thank you

Photo? Details?Make and model?

It was just something I picked up from home depot in the USA. It just fits on the end of a hosepipe it doesn't have a name or make. It doers not fit on a UK hosepipe as they are different sizes and I just wanted a attachment that would allow me to fit it to a UK hose.

This is something like it only I also have the bit that this screws onto.
Oh the site wont let me post a link.. sorry

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 28
[DLMURL="http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ray-Padula-Brass-Sweeper-Power-Jet-Hose-Nozzle-RP-SIR/205160752"]Ray Padula Brass Sweeper Power Jet Hose Nozzle-RP-SIR at The Home Depot[/DLMURL]

is this it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Will this do?

Im not sure. Does that go on the tap or the other end of the hose as I need something for the other end of the hose not the tap end.. If you see what I mean.. If I went a bought a rose gun for my hose I could just clip it into the end connector .. the end connector is the part im looking for.
Sorry Im being most unhelpful

Reply to Need help with a USA UK hosepipe conection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock