Search the forum,

Discuss Need Help Please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

just_me

Hiya,

I have just signed up on here, so new to all this : S
I have signed up to this to c if n e of u can help me.

My bf is a training plumber and will be qualified by christmas!

Its his bday soon and i would like to get him tools in order to help him out with his plumbing.

could any body tell me what he would need? where i can get them? etc

any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

you could buy him a blow torch. not a b&q job as they are no good, and can't be used upside down.

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.NoLinkingToThis%2Fprods%2F88230%2FHand-Tools%2FPlumbing-Tools%2FSoldering-Brazing%2FBrazing%2FHottest-MAPP-%2FTrigger-Start-Flame-Control-Torch-TS7000T%3Fcm_mmc%3DGoogleBase-_-Datafeed-_-Hand%2520Tools-_-Trigger-Start%2520Flame%2520Control%2520Torch%2520TS7000T"]Trigger-Start Flame Control Torch TS7000T - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys[/DLMURL]

this is a good torch and use mapp gas.

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.diytools.co.uk%2Fdiy%2FMain%2Fsp-2-3357-18839-todays-tools-yellow-mapp-gas-cylinder-453g.asp"]Todays Tools Yellow Mapp Gas Cylinder 453G - DIY and Tools from DIYTools.co.uk - Your First Stop For All Things DIY ![/DLMURL]

b&q sell this gas.

the list is endless, pipe cutters, adjustable spanners, soldering mats, pipe benders.

u r a star!! lol
what are the most important things that he would need?
the things he would use everyday?

Last edited by a moderator:
lol just want to make sure i get the right things. i am usless with anything like this.

thank you so much for helping me :)

oh my :(
thank you so much for helping me btw. :)
I thought id best of get help before going of and buying things that were no good or just usless!

have a look around the net for plumbing tools but good ones don't come cheap, and always buy good quality as they will last.

come back if you get stuck.

i can see they are expensive :eek: lol
i will search the net for the tools you have listed for me.
like u say though good doesnt come cheap.
you have been such a great help!
i never thought anyone would help me out but im so glad you did.

Does he not have tools already ? be careful you dont get him something he already has

he has a few tools but atm he just uses the tools that his corse supply him. trouble is when he completes his corse he wont have them, so i want to help him to start getting everything he needs.

If you have a few quid you could try power tools - definatly going to float his boat more.

Screwfix do a double Dewalt drill set for £87 which will definately put a spring in your bf's step!

Something he will use every day on the job.

If you have a few quid you could try power tools - definatly going to float his boat more.

Screwfix do a double Dewalt drill set for £87 which will definately put a spring in your bf's step!

Something he will use every day on the job.

i want to get him something he would use day in day out.
trying to get him started with his 'collection' lol

how useful is that set for him then?
yer i could afford it, comes under what i intended to spend so i may buy him a few little things as well to go with that if its worth buying.

the set is great and will be a mainstay in his arsenal of tools. Plus dewalt tools will give him a testosterone rush that he won't be able to deny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need Help Please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock