Search the forum,

Discuss Need advice on which coarse to choose?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dalejones

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum and need help, I work full time for Tesco Maintenance and I want to get my plumbing qualifications, i am very familiar with plumbing and very interested in making it my future career, there are 2 options for me to work around my current job

1, access training based in Cardiff offer a 15 week weekend coarse which will get me level 2 c&g 6035 which I understand is a very basic qualification, that coarse Alone is over £4000 they then offer a further 2 week coarse for an extra £1500 to archive a NVQ level 2,

or 2, Trades gateway offer a 2 year coarse where you complete a number of modules at home in your spare time and for each year you have to attend the workshop for 5 weeks to do practical sections and tests, this coarse offers you a choice of C+G level 2 (6035) or NVQ level 2 (if you can get onsite experience) for year 1 and c+g level 3 or NVQ level 3 for year 2 along with lots of other qualification, for this whole coarse its £6700 which you pay monthly instalments of £160 for 4 years

a college coarse is not an option for me as I can't get on site experience as I work full time and I can't have days off work, just want some advise on which coarse to go for? I am more swayed towards the trades gateway option atm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need advice on which coarse to choose?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate etc. Im currently in the forces will be leaving in May however at the minute I can work Mondays/Fridays and weekends. Do not want paying just happy...
Replies
Views
Hi there, looking to gain experience as a plumber's mate in Essex area, I'm from Rayleigh and have a full driving licence and Van. Looking for a step into domestic plumbing. I have experience working in general property maintenance for a family business. I have completed a Level 2 technical...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take me out a couple days of the week to help me get more experience. I did 1 week of work experience at equans doing maintenance but i wouldn’t mind...
Replies
Views
    • Love
I'm a DIY homeowner and electrical engineer by trade. While still in school I worked summers for about 6 years with my uncle who was a plumber licensed in Massachusetts. As others have stated, I am here more to learn than to offer advice and am posting this so as not to have my account...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock