Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Need a gas engineer to fit a secondary/additional emergency control valve in the Looking for a Plumber? Post Jobs Here area at

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reubs007

    reubs007 New Member

    Hi all,

    British Gas came to service the boiler recently in my flat. The engineer wanted to check the meter but when I told him it was locked away in my neighbour's cellar, he said I had to either move the meter or get an emergency control valve fitted in my flat.

    The good news is that there's an access panel where the gas pipework comes into my flat. The bad news according to the engineer was that it was old style pipework and therefore very difficult to fit this valve.

    I am looking for a gas engineer who can fit this valve (if it is doable!). I am in London E8.

    Many thanks!
  2. Dotty

    Dotty Guest

    Thanks for the opportunity.

    If this job interests you please PM the op direct.

    He also has another thread running on this subject.
Similar Threads - Need engineer secondary Forum Date
Advice needed... Gas Safe Registered Plumbers Only Jun 11, 2018
price of petrol up n up? Do you need to put hourly rate up? Plumbers Cafe Jun 5, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.