Search the forum,

Discuss National Utility Solutions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am fully qualified plumber/gas engineer, i am willing to work for n.u.s.,can you please tell me why you require a payment up front, you have my details if you are genuine get in touch,i asked you for a plumber on your books in my area telephone number address, company name, you sent me a mobile number !, come on, stop the threats and come up with the truth,if genuine you have nothing to lose.

Surely if they had a plumber in your area then they would be giving them the work???

it's strange only joined today and only posted on this subject. yes i'm interested in conspiracy theorys as well.

We are abstaining from comments as advised by our legal team as this matter is still under investigation.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.

National Utility Solutions.

can you reply to my early questions and provide me with evidence of your best intentions.

I dont think they'll reply if they've being advised legally not to comment. The best thing to do would be contact them direct.

I was just trying to find the address for National Utility Solutions and couldn't on their website. So I checked their WHOIS records for their domain name, which they have protected. However their domain name servers being used for the domain are ns1.nationalhomereports.com. When I checked their website out, the contact details are as follows:

GROUP 3 ENERGY SOLUTIONS LTD

Blue Square House
272 Bath Street
Glasgow
G2 4JR

Call on: 0845 519 2612

Which suggest they are in fact something to do with Group 3 Energy. Something the owner of the company claimed he is not anything to do with.

nationalhomereports.com
nationalutilitysolutions.com
group3energy.com

All use the same DNS for their domain names. That means they're hosted on the same server with the same host.

NUS has been removed from the forum. We don't allow the forum to be used unless you're a plumber or electrician here to gain or provide advice. You should direct questions to them if you want to ask them something.

We were contacted early March 2011 by NUS. Work was slowly drying up due to the turn of weather and the issues with the warmfront contracts so we were looking for work .Since setting up the company my husband had agreed to many scams, advertising in nonexistent magazines, getting on the front page of google, etc which I had had to sort out so I was very sceptical. Low and behold we were told we won the tender for our area and would have work from council, housing association and private lettings. Having googled them it all looked legit (this forum was not running then!) and we parted with the ÂŁ2010. The contract is set out and it agrees to 400 jobs over 2 years. If they do not deliver the jobs then we get our money back. To date we have not had one job. Initially we had to wait due to the administration of the contract, then for the work to come in. Now they have contacted us stating we have over priced ourselves out of the area (not too sure why they didnt tell us this before we parted with our money) apparently engineers in our area are providing landlord checks for ÂŁ35 + vat. It is very hard not to be tempted due to this industry being so seasonal but would recommed to stay well clear.
I will keep you posted to see if we ever receive a job.

Hi, lads.

Just had a call from them, and a Google search brought this site up so I joined to see what you had to say.

These sort of outfits have been discussed on other sites, none with a good word to say, I personally wish I had a job for every reptile who rings up trying to scam money out of me.

My personal mantra is "Cold- callers are either c**ts or conmen "

Vinnie

hi guys, i have also been contacted by this company. thanks to this thread i now know not to risk my business on this scam. i have not seen much hard evidence of what they have done to rip anyone off but it sure seems that they have had an awful lot of 2 year contracts to fill, i would have thought this would not be that hard to achieve in the current economic climate!???. i hope these guys dont ruin too many hard working peoples livelyhoods as alot of businesses are on thin ice!, very sad!. still, thanks to this plumbing forum and sharing of information between fellow plumbers it hopefully will limit the impact. i normally just read threads, i think it might be because i have to put my beer down to type, lol. but in this case i really think i should put in my bit in return for what others have bothered to type. anyone else with info, maybe you have been on or are on the contract or have worked direct for this company?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also been contacted by this company, so I have sent them an email as follows:

"Dear Mr Jackson,

Thank you for contacting me regarding your contract. I have done a bit of surface research and to be honest its not turned out all positive and to compound this I am wondering to myself why such a large company would leave it so late to find sub-contractors for a contract which starts next week? I am also concerned with the initial outlay I would be required to pay.

I think I would prefer to carry on with my business the way it is. If you are happy to offer these contracts without the initial outlay and rather take a percentage of my earnings then I might be interested.

Kind regards
Andrew King-Page"

Lets see what they come back with because if they need me as urgently as they claim then they would be a bit flexible with their terms wouldn't they? and if it isn't all about the Contract fee then they can take this fee off me once I have earned some money from them....I will keep this posted with any responses.

Ive just had a eureka moment, I applied to a website called builderhelper about 3 days ago, it pretends to be the same as rated people but you pay a monthly subscription( I opted for the free one lead per day option). Then two days later I was contacted by NUS (National Utility Solutions), I didn't put the two together until I saw another post from a person who said that National Utility Solutions is part of a 3 company group "This company is part of Group 3 Energy, and National Home Reports." National home reports is using the exact same template on their home page as builderhelper! So now we can add another "scam" site to National Utility Solutions repertoire. avoid builderhelper too!!!

Lets see what they come back with ...

Wouldn't surprise me if you're email address is added to all those tool enhancing pills, weight loss, watches, etc, etc.

The trouble is there are so many people desperate for money they'll respond to these "money for business" schemes without wondering why it sounds so good.

I dont think BG have gone quiet in scotland anyhow, they have picked up government funded work for installing heating systems for pensioners was told theyr expecting around 20,000 a year for the next 3-5 years

for NUS - people have posted on here before about your company, wether or not it is some con artist claiming to be yourself or not but they are phoning people up and asking for ÂŁ2000 up front for 400+ jobs a year? is this true or not ?
I paid ÂŁ2000 in Feb 2011 for my son to get work from NUS. Again, promissing 400+ properties. To date all he's been provided with is appointments to meet with 3 firms who carry out landlord certificates etc. He could have got these by contacting themselves from e.g. yellow pages so I think it would be wise NOT TO PART WITH ANY MONEY UNTIL YOU GET PROPER WORK. Thay said they were expanding in all areas and needed Engineers. Has anybody out there had any work from NUS that they've got paid for ?

2 grand !!!!
you could advertise for a year and prob get a fiar bit of work from that !!

hi guys, i have also been contacted by this company. thanks to this thread i now know not to risk my business on this scam. i have not seen much hard evidence of what they have done to rip anyone off but it sure seems that they have had an awful lot of 2 year contracts to fill, i would have thought this would not be that hard to achieve in the current economic climate!???. i hope these guys dont ruin too many hard working peoples livelyhoods as alot of businesses are on thin ice!, very sad!. still, thanks to this plumbing forum and sharing of information between fellow plumbers it hopefully will limit the impact. i normally just read threads, i think it might be because i have to put my beer down to type, lol. but in this case i really think i should put in my bit in return for what others have bothered to type. anyone else with info, maybe you have been on or are on the contract or have worked direct for this company?
I paid ÂŁ2000 in Feb 2011 for my son to get work from NUS. Again, promissing 400+ properties. To date all he's been provided with is appointments to meet with 3 firms who carry out landlord certificates etc. He could have got these by contacting themselves from e.g. yellow pages so I think it would be wise NOT TO PART WITH ANY MONEY UNTIL YOU GET PROPER WORK. Thay said they were expanding in all areas and needed Engineers. Has anybody out there had any work from NUS that they've got paid for ?

Doggydoo, not meaning to be rude, but we get the message. Unfortunately these scam artists are rife on the internet and before anyone parts with money we would always urge the to consider all options, do research and find out who you are paying. You wouldn't pay someone who came to your front door offering the same so why do it from an email?
I hope you can get some recompense from these scam artists, they do nothing but prey on unsuspecting honest tradesmen.

I didn't do it lightly. I did some research/called a reference. See their Internet page. I've since found out their address at Hanover Street on the website is 'virtual' ....probably set up by a company who provide 'look we operate from a prestigious property'. I'm sure the other addresses are 'virtual' too. The website operates from Los Angeles, outside of European Law. These people will not meet face-to-face to discuss ... just threaten legal action from their Legal Department. I wish I had found this website before parting with my dosh. Their should be a 'central' website set up by somebody to list these dodgy firms. Maybe I'll start one ! NOTE I just found out that dot.co.uk sites are legally bound to register details ...... dot.com sites do not ..... beware dot.COM sites

I was approached by these cowboys monday, They now want ÂŁ1703 up front for the usual promise of 400 jobs a year on a 2 month contract.

I found this thread very useful, thanyou all very much. also some strong views here: [DLMURL="http://www.blagger.com/db4/company_id/12221/companyname/National-Utility-Solutions.html"]National Utility Solutions - Blagger.com - The place to leave feedback and comments about companies you have used[/DLMURL]

I politely told them I wasnt interested and to never contact me again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to help someone. Some new guy has even been in touch again about providing another contract !!

they just won't go away ,will they..
No unfortunately...............not only are they emailing GSR engineers they must be getting desperate to ,have left 2 messages on my answermachine regarding their fantastic offer.They need a decision from me by the 16th of Dec and this is their final offer, remarkable since I have never ever spoken to them or emailed them for that matter.
Wanchors.

Ive spat the dummy out and contacted CIPHE about this crowd as they appear to be using their logo on their website. lets see what happens.. if anything.

ÂŁ1703 up front !!!!
I spent about that on my last holiday on boozing and i far as i am concerned it was worth every penny !!
Cant see me ever stuping money like that upfront so i can quote a bathroom !

It's probaby not even run from this country. You hear about similar things being run from Russia / Nigeria / Albania etc with a fronting address in the UK.

Can you ask Trading Standards to contact me too to give youy some support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to National Utility Solutions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First job was to install a new boiler, and later install radiators, bathroom, kitchen, etc. The boiler was installed last September but not switched on as...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not many have a sub to Telegraph (neither do I) but this is the article in full. As for the statement by BG, I haven't corroborated it but it seems an odd...
Replies
Views
Hi I've read through dozens of threads on here about unvented systems but was wondering if someone might provide some advice on an upgrade we are planning as part of a bathroom refurb Current Setup: Gravity fed system with cold water tank in the loft and hot water tank in the hot press (1st...
Replies
Views
M
Hi everyone. Really need some urgent advice on how to sort this and why this happened. Our normal plumber/gas engineer has been cleaning our heating system due to loud knocking noises the year before and after tests of water were done he used F3, then DS40 & F1 per the results, but nearing the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock