Search the forum,

Discuss Mystery valve on CH primarys in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help identify this valve. LH 28mm is fed from a Ideal Mexico (being removed). HW is (was) gravity on separate 28mm so this is just heating only. I realise there will have been a handle at some point.

IMG_3291.JPG

IMG_3295.JPG

Looks like it could of been an old servowarm selecter valve

Would say no

Pipes dissapear under a concrete then laminate floor so having difficult to identify what all 4 do. Flow from Mexico, then maybe upstairs/downstairs heating but can't work out other?!

I would say fill and safety vent combined maybe

Customer had found original documents from 1963. LH is flow from boiler. Up is Upstairs heating, down is downstairs heating and RH 28 is tee back into return, so a bypass. Pretty clever stuff

Was about to reply that the only thing I could find remotely close was an old Sloan valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mystery valve on CH primarys in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic control. The hot was not getting hot enough recently so (under instructions from the manufacturer) I removed the allen key valves bottom left and right...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock