Search the forum,

Discuss Mystery pressure loss on WB 24i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey folks, got a weird one here. CH system has been isolated and is not dropping ( gas test, acoustics, gauge on radiator ) Its a brand new worcester bosch 24i and is fitted with a snorkel/vertical extension outside, this is spurting and abnormal amount of water when the boiler runs, the condensate is dry but dumps a mug full of water about every 20-30 minutes. PRV has been bagged - dry, Heat exchanger seems ok. Expansion vessel seems fine, Im stuck guys, any help would be appreciated.

We don't discuss boiler repairs on the open forum for obvious reasons but if you're GSR send your number in and the post will get moved to the appropriate section after so many posts. (10, I think)
In the meantime I'd give WB technical a call.

Did you say that you have isolated the boiler with pressure Inside and the pressure is staying the same?

Brand new !!! Why arent you on the phone ?
We are not gas safe registered, we get called in to find leaks of any kind. Never touch the boiler apart from to isolate flow and return. We have three fully qualified plumbers but no need to have our gas tickets because its not what we do. We need to prove a fault before the client can activate warranty or get installers back... thats why not on phone.

Did you say that you have isolated the boiler with pressure Inside and the pressure is staying the same?
yep, internal boiler pressure seems to hold, until flow and return turned back on, and heating triggered. but as i said we have had a pressure gauge on the radiators with no drop. one thought might be a plastic fitting that leaks when the system is hot but seals up on cool down.

So you've turn the boiler ISO valves off and there's no drop on the boiler ?

He has also pressure tested the rads and no leak. Get Worcester out to check the boiler mate.
could be a sneaky crack on a plastic fitting that opens up when system is hot and contracts when cold..... but i would have thought the tracer gas would have pushed through... sometimes its hard to push all the water out the system with the gas,, so there could be a plug of water preventing the hydrogen/nitrogen from reaching a cracked fitting...

Was the installer not registered then as they should’ve automatically registered the boiler for warranty I don’t understand why you’ve been called out

shaun... would it be normal to see water spurting out the top of a vertical flue...

How much water a drip is normally flue running the wrong way

And if you’re not gas safe why are you in the boiler. This doesn’t make sense
You dont need to be gas safe to isolate flow and return or use the filling loop... surely. weve been called out because the installer said the leak was on the radiator pipework. We have to rule boiler pressure loss out.

Hey folks, got a weird one here. CH system has been isolated and is not dropping ( gas test, acoustics, gauge on radiator ) Its a brand new worcester bosch 24i and is fitted with a snorkel/vertical extension outside, this is spurting and abnormal amount of water when the boiler runs, the condensate is dry but dumps a mug full of water about every 20-30 minutes. PRV has been bagged - dry, Heat exchanger seems ok. Expansion vessel seems fine, Im stuck guys, any help would be appreciated.
You say that you’ve checked the expansion vessel, condensate (I’m assuming trap) and heat exchanger seems ok, you can’t do this without the cover off

Is it a vertical flue or a plume kit

20180928_145940.jpg

You say that you’ve checked the expansion vessel, condensate (I’m assuming trap) and heat exchanger seems ok, you can’t do this without the cover off
ahh.. ok... pressure isnt spiking, so i trust the guys who checked expansion before are not lying.. condensate ( we cut it ) is not dripping after heat exchanger has been in use, so i doubt there is a crack in it. cover has not been taken off..

ahh.. ok... pressure isnt spiking, so i trust the guys who checked expansion before are not lying.. condensate ( we cut it ) is not dripping after heat exchanger has been in use, so i doubt there is a crack in it. cover has not been taken off..
you guys have
sorry, picture is quite far back... i have video... but its not shareable here....

You dont need to be gas safe to isolate flow and return or use the filling loop... surely. weve been called out because the installer said the leak was on the radiator pipework. We have to rule boiler pressure loss out.
We cannot comment anymore mate. You would be better off getting WB out
thanks for the help.. will get client to call WB out. cheers. if anyone ever needs advice on latest leak detection tech. just ask.

Reply to Mystery pressure loss on WB 24i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock