Search the forum,

Discuss myson apollo kettling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am selling my house so I need to get my heating system working properly, when running on high setting on the boiler it kettles but on low it doesn't but the radiators don't get hot enough, the hot water is ok though any help would be appreciated as I dont really want to change the boiler

Pump running ? And how old is it ?

Best to change the pump should sort you out

Selling your house with a old Myson (25+) boiler this is going to get picked up on a survey and potential buyers will be looking for a discount, better to replace boiler for a new one that then becomes a good selling point, New boiler with X years warranty

Depends on the house. When I bought mine, I think the survey (which I have sadly lost) said something like 'the heating was not inspected but the house appeared to be at a comfortable temperature at the time of inspection; the boiler appears to be a number of years old and I would recommend you have the system inspected by a CORGI registered blablabla' and I bought the house, without further inspection, because the radiators got hot and I was buying toward the lower end of the market anyway.

If I sold my house today (still the same boiler), I doubt I'd get the cost of a new boiler back, so I'd probably sell it with the existing one in place. I may be wrong, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to myson apollo kettling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an old Potterton suprima boiler with a hot water tank and pump. We have hot water but no heating, the light on the boiler is showing amber (no call to heat) I have been told that this is likely due to the 3 way valve or motor on it (Myson Power Extra). I am wondering whether to try and...
Replies
Views
A bit of history first. 2 yrs ago visited a grant boiler with boiler and pipework kettling. I added SentX200 noise reducer. It is standard open vented system S plan Also found there was no bypass and this was an external boiler with frost stat so boiler would start with no valves open...
Replies
Views
Hi, Since Thursday, my Myson Touch (model 1, wired) screen is unresponsive and I’m not sure why. The screen itself has a full display but it doesn’t respond when you try to use it. It’s still working with the boiler so I have heating/hot water. I contacted Myson who admitted they’d never seen...
Replies
Views
Hi, Am trying to understand my mother's Apollo boiler. It has an intermittent fault. In the last couple of years, it has had a new thermocouple, a new "low" stat, and a new pump over-run switch. The RGI was not throwing parts at it, and the replacement of these has solved some problems: I...
Replies
Views
Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated heat source and a oil boiler. The problem the hit water cylinder doesn't have a stat thus why the hot water is roasting hot but there is a pipe stat on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock