Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss MY TOOLS STOLEN AGAIN in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. PETE 123

PETE 123 Active Member

Tools stolen and i saw them on my cctv must of cloned key fob
    lights flashed as they do on unlocking then doors where opened and tools and other things taken, off to get security locks for the doors. advise you get them fitted before it happens to you.

Pete

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR

What van you got?

3. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR

Feel for you mate , I worry sometimes when mine is left, I am seriously thinking of removing the sign writing off mine . Thing is the little sh!ts cant bloody read so they would probably rob you anyway

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. GasmanxxxR1

GasmanxxxR1 Plumber GSR

Lot of tool thefts going on now, check out the facebook group van and tool theft awareness

5. AWheating

AWheating Trusted Plumber GSR

Got a ford? If so they didn't have a key they used a pair of grips. Two twists of drivers door barrel and it unlocks all door and turns off alarm like normal key does. Check out YouTube if you have a ford and gets some extra security. Apparently you can also get an ecu update to help but ford charge you for this even tho it's there own design fault.

6. gmartine

gmartine GSR

Got to have dead locks fitted nowadays, YouTube is again your friend.

7. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Unless they have a grinder or oxy :D I only say as that's how mine was done

8. leelister6

leelister6 Plumber GSR

Twunts still get round deadlocks! Managed to get mine open a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, on Scudo/Expert/Dispatch, there's a switch at the back of sliding door which unlocks rear when they prise door open about half inch. I've since relocated the switches on mine.

IMG_2101.JPG

9. gmartine

gmartine GSR

'kin ell, right no more decent gear just Lidl/Aldi specials from now on.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. gmartine

gmartine GSR

Only one thing for it then...

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Or a shotgun aimed at the door

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Chuck

Chuck Active Member

Consider marking your new tools with a Smartwater kit. I believe it probably does reduce the chance they'll get pinched in the first place and increases the chance of prosecution/return if someone is caught with them.

Not as effective as a dog with big teeth, I suspect, but then not much is...

13. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR