Search the forum,

Discuss My new drill tried to kill me today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jackson

My faithful old Makita core drill died on me last week after 12 years of faithful service. I looked around and decided to go for Milwaukee.

It was delivered today and I had a sink waste to install so it was with great excitement that I got my new toy out. About a third of the way in the bit jammed and I took my left hand off the side handle to grab the rear handle and pull. As I grabbed the handle I accidentally pulled the trigger and the drill span round, bent my left thumb backwards and nearly smacked me in the face.

I managed to get it free and finish the job but then had to apply a cold compress to my hand and made a visit to Boots to get a strap for it. Looks like it's light duties tomorrow for me and no left handed self abuse for a while.

Despite trying to kill me it's a beast of a drill though.

I hope you filled out your risk assessment before using the new drill.

My faithful old Makita core drill died on me last week after 12 years of faithful service. I looked around and decided to go for Milwaukee.

It was delivered today and I had a sink waste to install so it was with great excitement that I got my new toy out. About a third of the way in the bit jammed and I took my left hand off the side handle to grab the rear handle and pull. As I grabbed the handle I accidentally pulled the trigger and the drill span round, bent my left thumb backwards and nearly smacked me in the face.

I managed to get it free and finish the job but then had to apply a cold compress to my hand and made a visit to Boots to get a strap for it. Looks like it's light duties tomorrow for me and no left handed self abuse for a while.

Despite trying to kill me it's a beast of a drill though.
lucky you i once had a clutchless one come round smack me in the chin and punch my back teeth through my tongue,and all you got is a sore hand you wuss

I bought a Marcrist ddm1 after my Titan piece of poop did the spinney trick and clobbered me whilst standing on a flat roof

Ddm1 is great providing the dust can clear or else it jams like hell. I'm sure it's got something to do with cheap core bits too though

Need to riddor if you had accident and cannot return to normal duties after 3? Days??

I was with my dad, many moons ago. The drill jammed, he had to let go. The lead wound round the drill, pulled the socket and the cable out of the wall all the way to the ceiling. Plaster everywhere, thank goodness for these new fangled clutches.

Did the clutch not work?
Happened to me the other day using a makita corded angle drill. Jammed and span round spashing my hand against a wall. Never happened b4 with that drill and was wondering:
1) if that drill had a clutch
2) if it had, is it fxxxd

thats beggared Berties bank holiday weekend on the agility circuit

No shows this weekend anyway. Charity dog walk followed by a pub lunch tomorrow. We're next competing in Essex next weekend.

marcrist set their core drills for use with 200mm cores not jamming so the clutch is set really strong. too strong for my liking. so had them adjust it down at the factory for me. excellent customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My new drill tried to kill me today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock