Search the forum,

Discuss My names Andy and i am new here. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to be honest and say i have 1 reason to join the forum.

I am fitting a boiler to a wall and connecting the water pipes up.

I have re routed the 22mm copper and sorted that but when i come to fit the copper to the manifold i find the fittings i have are either too big 1 inch or too small 3/4. Google has let me down for once. :(

What type and size connectors do i need to get connections made to the manifold?

If this needs to go in another forum mods please feel to admonish me.

Thanks Andy T

You are fitting a boiler !! Have you that nice little yellow triangular badge ?

Got any pictures?
20171105_210558.jpg

You are fitting a boiler !! Have you that nice little yellow triangular badge ?
No i dont need one. I am not touching the gas . I am merely hanging the boiler manifold and connecting the water pipes to rads and taps to the existing system I fitted some 32 years ago......not bad service for an ideal stelrad eh. ;)

Sorry to say yes it does, where's the flue going

You can't take the case off the boiler

Also looks like a second hand boiler

Sorry to say yes it does, where's the flue going

You can't take the case off the boiler

Also looks like a second hand boiler

The case is still on the boiler. I am not making those connections.

The gas safe engineer over seeing everything is fitting the flue and gas and manifold to boiler connections.

Yes it is a second hand boiler.

Do you know the model of it

It's a Worcester

And age ?

It's a Worcester

And age ?
Its a

It's a Worcester

And age ?
Yes mate its 2 years old. Worcester greenstar. 25si The guy who had it had a problem with condenser because of how it was fitted and he is loaded and just wanted a new one.

I can ask the guy fitting it what connectors i need but as he is a family guy he switches phone off at weekends. ;)

I am just intrigued now

any chance of a pic of the front of the boiler?

any chance you could fold the cover/flap down ?

???? where is it then

sorry to say its alot older than 2 years

your looking 5-7 years old (they only last approx 9-12 years)

22mm and 15mm stnd compression nuts are what your looking for

and a new set of fibre connecting washers

might be best phoning worcester up and asking for the nut kit that come with a new boiler

fyi you have an open end gas pipe and no self respecting gas safe engy would leave that open

sorry to say its alot older than 2 years

your looking 5-7 years old (they only last approx 9-12 years)

22mm and 15mm stnd compression nuts are what your looking for

and a new set of fibre connecting washers

might be best phoning worcester up and asking for the nut kit that come with a new boiler

fyi you have an open end gas pipe and no self respecting gas safe engy would leave that open

I am not really worried as it was free. But i think it was only fitted for 2 years. As i say the owner was an eccentric.

Once all the pipe work is altered and the cylinder is out he is going to flush the system using a unit he has and if i get a year or 2 out of it i can get a new one as my expenditure will be less in 2 years. ;)

dont forget any new / install of a boiler needs to be notified to building control

dont forget any new / install of a boiler needs to be notified to building control
Thanks shaun.

That gas connector has been disconnected by the meter as this boiler needs 22mm not 15mm apparently.

I am taking out all un usedpipework.

But all legal stuff is being dealt with. I was not aware building control needed to be informed but thats why i have to pay some one lots of money to fill in forms.

That said i respect you for your replies but i can do without punch and judy antagonising.

So if its ok with you.
I will let them have their toys back. I will close the door on the way out. Shame because i could have learnt a lot i guess.

Anyone gonna put a wall behind that boiler?

I just can't understand why buying a second hand boiler and secondly installing it even though not being gas safe ,... people are not aware of the danger they facing, especially not when having an open end. Everything I read seems a little odd to me .. would not give any advise on this particular thread.

Thanks shaun.

That gas connector has been disconnected by the meter as this boiler needs 22mm not 15mm apparently.

I am taking out all un usedpipework.

But all legal stuff is being dealt with. I was not aware building control needed to be informed but thats why i have to pay some one lots of money to fill in forms.

That said i respect you for your replies but i can do without punch and judy antagonising.

So if its ok with you.
I will let them have their toys back. I will close the door on the way out. Shame because i could have learnt a lot i guess.

Punch and Judy antagonising ????

Its a risk fitting a S/H boiler, seems when you bought it a few parts were missing, is it even a condensing boiler ? looks a lot older than 2 years , more than likely been in someone's shed for years or just been removed cos its faulty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My names Andy and i am new here. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock