Search the forum,

Discuss My degree is holding me back?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yessiebo

Hi all,

Been looking into becoming a plumber, getting pretty keen but also want to make sure I'm taking the right route... So after reading quite a bit into I thought I'd go for an apprenticeship because I'm only 23 and lots of people seem to recommend it as the best route to take. But apparently since I'm a graduate I'm not allowed to go for an apprenticeship! Any advice on apprenticeships that will take on graduates, or what course I should take as an alternative?

Cheers,

Jess

Try asking Citizens Advice for clarification. I know it's quite common for graduates to retrain in trades now. Too many graduates and not enough jobs for them, start looking at other options. As to apprenticeships I really don't know. I guess you would have to be unemployed for a set length of time first.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Been looking into becoming a plumber, getting pretty keen but also want to make sure I'm taking the right route... So after reading quite a bit into I thought I'd go for an apprenticeship because I'm only 23 and lots of people seem to recommend it as the best route to take. But apparently since I'm a graduate I'm not allowed to go for an apprenticeship! Any advice on apprenticeships that will take on graduates, or what course I should take as an alternative?

Cheers,

Jess

thats a load of rubbish, not the truth, a degree does not stop you doing an apprenticeship. ignore this detail and carry on looking for a job as an apprentice

The problem with a grad looking for an apprentiship is the funding.... probably had loads of funding already and as apprentices now are mainly partly funded you can't have it again.

Eco

The problem with a grad looking for an apprentiship is the funding.... probably had loads of funding already and as apprentices now are mainly partly funded you can't have it again.

Eco

???? says who?????

Don't tell 'em Pikey!

When I left college (many moons ago) I turned down job offers as they would have been great for me but not my wife and child. We had a mobile home near Chester and colege was at Leeds. Whilst I was trying to find suitable work I took a job landscape gardening (laying lawns, flagging etc. and tractor work both with a local nursery). When I was looking for work, which was scarce at the time I kept my qualifications to myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My degree is holding me back?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock