Search the forum,

Discuss My boiler pressure keeps rising in Glow worm combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A2jdl

Hello all
i wounder if someone could help me.

About 6 months ago i had a new Glow worm combi boiler fitted, and ever since the boiler pressure has been rising resulting in me have to bleed the rads to lower the pressure.

The plumber has been back a couple of times and he says all it can be it the service valves must be leaking and disconnects the filling loop. A glow worm Engineer came once re another problem with the boiler, i said why the plumber disconnected the filling loop and he said thats rubbish and reconnected it. Having the filling loop disconnected does not stop the problem by the way.

Recently a glow worm engineer came out and said it cant be the boiler but replaced the heat exchanger just in case it was that. He again reconnected the filling loop as he checked the service valves and said thats not the problem.

The pressure does not go up when the heating isnt running, and when i bleed the rads its air that comes out.
So glow worm are saying it cant be the boiler, and the plumber doesn't know what it is, any help anybody ?
thanks

What model combi and how many rads do you have? How many of them are doubles?

Disconnect your fill loop, it's the glowworm guys talking tosh.

What model combi and how many rads do you have? How many of them are doubles?

Disconnect your fill loop, it's the glowworm guys talking tosh.
Its a Flexicom 30CX
there a 9 rads and 5 of them are double rads.
Having the filling loop disconnected didnt make any difference, i can try again thou. The plumber screwed a bung in the ends when he did, is this essential, and the glow worm guys took them away.

you need to leave well alone for a bit, as your constant bleeding and filling introduces fresh water into the system that causes corrosion, which means gas in the system so you bleed the rads and off we go again. during use the boiler pressure should start at cold with 1 bar and rise when warm to 2 -2.5 max. if thats happening thats normal, if it goes higher ie 3bar then there is another issue any DECENT technician can sort out fairly quickly, so forget gloworm and their opinion and get a decent lad in to look.

you need to leave well alone for a bit, as your constant bleeding and filling introduces fresh water into the system that causes corrosion, which means gas in the system so you bleed the rads and off we go again. during use the boiler pressure should start at cold with 1 bar and rise when warm to 2 -2.5 max. if thats happening thats normal, if it goes higher ie 3bar then there is another issue any DECENT technician can sort out fairly quickly, so forget gloworm and their opinion and get a decent lad in to look.
I know it does go up when in use, what i mean is its the when cold pressure that keeps rising.
In a week if the heating is on every day it will rise from about 1 bar up to near 2 bar.

thats fairly normal, like I said leave the system alone, tape over your pressure readout and find a decent hobby, your buggering up your heating system!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My boiler pressure keeps rising in Glow worm combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all We have a Glow Worm combi Ultracom 38cxi boiler fitted in our house, which has been running really well for the past 10 years. Recently we have had an issue with the shower and water taps suddenly running cold water when we have the taps set to hot, the water will keep going hot and cold...
Replies
Views
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse and has been working without issue until now. The pilot light went out and now wont relight. It lights but as soon as you release the button it goes...
Replies
Views
I am looking for some basic advice please My house is on two floors, approx 240m2 and a spacious loft with good headroom and access. Glow Worm 30HXi boiler burning LPG housed in a ground floor attached storage room running 16 radiators including 6 doubles and a standard low output shower on the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock