Search the forum,

Discuss Multi-speed pump - how does it work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Grundfos UPE 25-25 (180) attached to my heating system. It is a 3-speed pump (as indicated by different Morse code patterns on a LED) but has no manual speed selector switch. When I apply 230v directly to it, it runs at the minimum speed. My main question is- how does the boiler tell the pump which speed to run at. Is it to do with voltage? Second question - can I replace this with a simple one-speed pump (connected to mains) and what would be a good one to get? (Fittings are 1.5”). The existing model isn’t made any more anyway. Many thanks.

The boiler doesnt tell the pump what speed to run at your pumps is automatic it selects its own speed .
Single speed pumps , havent seen one in years , mostly 3 speed but even those are “ rocking horse” these days .

Reply to Multi-speed pump - how does it work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Not sure how long this has been happening but some symptoms have been there a while - only noticed now as the house is cold in this weather plus I had a stuck TRV. House was extended - new radiator on the longest run has never gotten properly hot - it's usually cold. 11 rads total, worcester...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a Worcester greenstar danesmoor 18/25 oil boiler. Covers 10 radiators mostly large double panels, some towel rails and smaller rads too, as well as an...
Replies
Views
Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single one-bedroom flat. The mains pipe bringing water into my top-floor flat is 15mm copper pipe. There is a water meter in the flat and a stop valve. There is...
Replies
Views
Been renovating my house and in the process improved insulation and removed quite a few rads. I've also installed more than half downstairs floor with underfloor heating which has it's own manifold with attached pump (UPS2) as supplied by the underfloor heating supplier. Boiler is sited...
Replies
Views
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First issue was the pump went faulty, so the pump was replaced. This then led to a new issue coming up where the central heating would work, but not the hot...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock