Search the forum,

Discuss Multi Meters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lew2412

Hey guys,

Whats a good multimilter to get for fault finding? cant seem to find any good auto ranging ones in screwfix

What do you use?

Thanks!

Used to be a auto range one on the Corgi Direct site think it was about £40 made by Tpi [green colour] or try TPI website

Fluke have the best reputation among sparkies, I got mine from Maplin about two years ago for £60 its a Uni-t and has always been spot on.

It can be very hit and miss with the Chinese stuff, looks and feels quite well made but I'm sending my Mastech back as the clamp meter doesn't work.

Fluke is good as long as your confident your not going to smoke it. Otherwise get a cheap en

iv been looking for this too , although i want something like the probe style volt detecters that can measure ohms auto ac/dc voltage , for basically fault finding

as one day i had a top spec fluke and in a terribly accessed boiler and trying to run the checks down the pcb connections on some parts was a total pain holding things out my way and trying to make sure i was making contact etc

also still have a fluke just to make sure for the main jobs , but for smaller diagnostic jobs id like the small ones

I have the plumb centre one. The guy running the baxi course i was on raved about it, good price and good enough for fault finding.

I've got a plumb center one. Great little meter and it buzzes when it gets near 240 so acts like a volt stick as well.

I bought the Uni-T 533.
It does everything I could ever want it to do and more.

It even does insulation testing - which is the main reason I ended up buying it.

Big and bulky but have found it great

I've got a Fluke 179, picked up on eBay for less than £50 in great condition. No problems when I sent it off for calibration.

Fluke meters have a replaceable fuse, so if you think you might bugger one, it's only going to blow the fuse. Although I'm sure most decent meters will be much the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Multi Meters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock