Search the forum,

Discuss Multi appliance ventilation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

leiadad

Gas Engineer
Hi was wondering if anyone could help me, I was at job today and there are two of the exact same fires in living room and dining room that has been made into one room as the wall has been knocked down to make it one big room. Both fires are under 7 kw, both have passed safety checks. I have spoke to gas safe who advised that adventitious can be taken off for one fire but a vent would have to be put in for other one. I have done a bit of research tonight and it seems quite conflicting as to whether I will need vent or not, any help would be appreciated

What a poor response, I have looked into it and as far as I can see, if the two fires are the same and under 7 kw with an interconnecting wall there maybe no need for ventilation, did it ever cross your mind Darren that the guy from gas safe my be wrong or are you that gullible that you think everything gas safe tell you is correct

Sorry you find my reply poor, Gas safe and I are obviously wrong. I wish now I hadn't invested many years in an apprenticeship, training and exams and retesting every 5 years for the last 30yrs. when all I had to do one evening was to google it!!! You had asked for advice and I gave you some you should be thankful someone tried to give you some help and advice.

I have bs 5440-2 sat in front of me now m8 and it says the exact same thing that I have been saying to you, clearly I am not going to get the correct answer from you, all I want to understand is why if there is two of the same fires under 7 kw there maybe no need for ventilation. There is no point in posting Darren if you are just posting to make yourself look good but don't have a intelligent answer. I have put ventilation in as a pre caution but I am trying to find out why there maybe no need

I'll give my advice. Drop the attitude problem. Get your post count up to 10 and pm a mod with your gas safe details. I'll then reopen this thread in the gas safe section.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Multi appliance ventilation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable to find the manual for an Ideal Exclusive. I thought I had found it but it turns out the GC number was different. Given the law says "refer to MI"...
Replies
Views
My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs above but there is no sign of leakage on the ceiling. The main drain run from the manhole at the back runs under the kitchen, which has a solid floor...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had an electric boiler which heated all the radiators just fine, but around a few years ago i had a gas one fitted and the radiators in the living and...
Replies
Views
Hello - I have installed a garden sump-pump. In the photo you can see that I’ve replaced the Cloakroom-sink bend that previously went to the gulley with a Tee. Water in Sump vent hose now goes past the cloakroom outlet. Predictably the pump causes gurgling as it creates a partial vacuum going...
Replies
Views
Hey there I'm looking for some advice on a potential issue I'm having with an old back boiler. So just moved into my parents' old house with my partner, it's a terrace with back to back chimneys in the kitchen and the sitting room. The fireplace in the kitchen is the old back boiler that hasn't...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock