Search the forum,

Discuss Moving hot water cylinder? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SmallBalls

Hi folks, a quick question about moving a gravity fed cylinder from airing cupboard to the loft space. Height is going to be an issue with the cold water storage tank as it's at maximum height at the moment and when the cylinder is moved it will be just above top of cylinder. I presume this will mean pressure will be very poor. Could i pressurize the system or how would this work? I'll be getting a lot of work done in the house so re-routing pipework won't be an issue. I'm hoping to arm myself with some knowledge before i call in a plumber. Cheers in advance :)

how can you loose pressure ?
your pressure is taken from the highest tank (cws) and your not moving that, its still in the same place so pressure won't alter.

you can't pressurise a standard copper cylinder.

I understand that cold supply to taps would be unaffected but because i'm moving hot water cylinder into loft space would this not affect the pressure on my hot taps? I'm going to be changing cylinder anyway to increase hot water capacity, what sort would be needed for pressurized?

your copper cylinder is fed by the cws tank that is at it highest point in loft, that is where you calculate your pressure from not the cylinder height.

if your going pressurised hot water as in a megaflo,santon cylinder you'll need to get someone in to see what is best for your system and as unvented cylinder are not a diy install you'll need someone with a g3 cert to fit it.

Cheers for the response ajs.
Spoke with a plumber today and
he reccomended 300ltr dual coil
s/steel cylinder with a grundfos mq 35 pump.
Any opinions on the this?

sounds sensible but i can not see the property or the job so can't advice on your best choice.

just get a few plumbers round and way up the prices and their advice etc.

but make sure if you go the pressurised route they are G3 certified. and not any old cowboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Moving hot water cylinder? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock