Search the forum,

Discuss Most important day of my career....PART 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kingm1988

Well for those of you that know, I had an interview/trial with a plumber on friday. Thanks to all that gave me sound advice, particularly:
"When you shake his hand in the morning. Remind him of your name and tell him your nervous, just to break the ice." Justlead1, I can't thank you enough for this piece of advice, simple yet effective.

So how did it go? Pretty well I thought. We got on extremely well and had a lot to talk about. He took me to two jobs, the first was a faulty tap for a pensioner and the second was an on going bathroom installation where I helped install a shower and towel radiator. I got on very well with the customers, was always on my feet in terms of handing him his next tool without him asking for it, cleaned up the work space, carried his tool box, ran to and from his van on numerous occasions to get things (although admittidely the first time he asked me to get something from his van, a small green box of washers, I brought back a huge green box containing his drill haha!).

Sooo I think it went good. He ended up buying me 4 pints down at the pub where he was telling me more about the role etc and that all of next week he was having a guy everyday doing what I did and then he'd let me know by next weekend. I think it's safe to say that this week will be the longest of my life but hey, I can't complain. I thanked him for the opportunity and told him it was a huge learning curb for me.

Look out for part 3 next weekend!

Hi, Nice to hear it went well. It is most important in my view to get on well with those you work with. After all we spend more time with work mates than the wife we have at home. Good Luck

You seem to have a good head on your shoulders, whatever happens keep at it..

You dont live near me by any chance..:)

Kingm1988,

Just a query mate, how did you find this company?? calling through yellow pages?? plumbers merchants??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Most important day of my career....PART 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock