Search the forum,

Discuss Most efficient boiler for a 4 bed house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can do two boilers a day, but you can't do two boilers every day.

There's no way that your going to get easy straightforward swaps all the time, they don't come around very often.

You can do two boilers a day, but you can't do two boilers every day.

There's no way that your going to get easy straightforward swaps all the time, they don't come around very often.

thats 40 boilers a swap just for you ? nearly 500 a year ?

who are you doing this for ? thats alot of swaps for one person that

thats 40 boilers a swap just for you ? nearly 500 a year ?

who are you doing this for ? thats alot of swaps for one person that

Woah!

I'm not doing two a day, I couldn't do two a day.

I'm just saying it might be possible if you get two really easy ones, i.e. clean system, gas sized right, replacing condensing, existing controls, minimal pipework.

But your never going to get easy ones like that all the time, so can't see how it can be done every day.

Woah!

I'm not doing two a day, I couldn't do two a day.

I'm just saying it might be possible if you get two really easy ones, i.e. clean system, gas sized right, replacing condensing, existing controls, minimal pipework.

But your never going to get easy ones like that all the time, so can't see how it can be done every day.

sorry, that wasn't meant for you !

I was just stating, could someone really do that amount of swaps ?

No chance, as you say, you'd be doing well if say you got a few straights swaps on the bounce

More than most need things updating, valves etc

2 combis in a day is feasible as long as the system is clean but as soon as you start whipping out balanced flue boilers you are losing a lot of time on the brick up and making good.

i agree on that as you dont get two booked in if you need half a dozen bricks and couple blocks for interior but still only takes couple hours extra in that scenario .

Its not all combis and not all straight swaps , some need condense runs , bigger gas pipes , flue extensions and control upgrades , in some cases pipes need completely re-routing .like i said if you got the kit and do them all the time then its easy peasy

Im now looking as inter gas, is there a good size for that type of house? my thoughts bit bigger boiler less effort better economy?

You're off the mark with that train of thought. A boiler should be sized in accordance with the design of the rest of the system.

Are you doing this yourself?

Last edited:
yes 2 a day
very hard to believe that you are installing 2 boilers every day and installing them correctly.
Takes min of an hour to run F3 or the like around the system.
i also fit boilers every day and have done for the last 22 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Most efficient boiler for a 4 bed house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock