Search the forum,

Discuss Most efficient boiler for a 4 bed house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You keep saying this, I don't get it lol. How can fitting it right stop plastic from cracking? ;)

You must be the only one in the north of England that's fitting them right then Vern, cos I've never seen one that wasn't pants.

I let you in on the secret Tom......

Turn up fit to a good standard, fit filter on return and cold mains etc...ensuring thoroughly flush an water treatment, full commission to spec with FGA, bench mark etc

Then just before you put the case on, spray expanding foam into the bottom half of the boiler, this holds it together lovly!

I let you in on the secret Tom......

Turn up fit to a good standard, fit filter on return and cold mains etc...ensuring thoroughly flush an water treatment, full commission to spec with FGA, bench mark etc

Then just before you put the case on, spray expanding foam into the bottom half of the boiler, this holds it together lovly!

any tips on how to stop the dry joints on the pcb vern??

Takes me an hour to fill out benchmark and teach customers how to use controls. Takes at least another hour to flush properly (assuming no powerflusher). Leaving approx 2 hours to decom old and fit new boiler, possibly uprate gas and run new condensate. I couldn't do it and I wouldn't want to.

Yep benchmark and instruct on use, especially if a new control is used, I.E they had a Randall 103 now a cm927 is a good hour easy!

wd40!!!
that drys out
always find the fan pings when boilers turned off when someone goes away on holiday

honeywell cm 927 takes 5 mins to wire in plus 10 mins to test signal in mean time tools going in van plus clean etc etc

wd40!!!
that drys out
always find the fan pings when boilers turned off when someone goes away on holiday
Haha your getting my sense of humour now.....Fans on a batch were effected if got too cold lol, it's the PCB on the fan not the motor that fails...

honeywell cm 927 takes 5 mins to wire in plus 10 mins to test signal in mean time tools going in van plus clean etc etc
Won't argue with that, it's showing the customer how it works that takes time, or do you do there's the manual love lol

Won't argue with that, it's showing the customer how it works that takes time, or do you do there's the manual love lol

That was my point. I actually program it for them while showing them how to do it, then run through ALL the buttons, inc party mode etc

Never show a cust how to use a stst as i say to them do you phone currys to find out how to use your tv remote? no you dont so heres you instructions and familiarise yourself adios lol

dont agree as much as you want end of day im right

joking aside its true they forget the min you walk out the door, fit several hundred a year and most tennants want you out house before you even start work

dont agree as much as you want end of day im right

joking aside its true they forget the min you walk out the door, fit several hundred a year and most tennants want you out house before you even start work

I don't work for tenants. I work for customers who I want to call me back in future, and i want their friends and family to call too. They might not remember what you said, but they'll remember that you said it, and that counts for a lot.

I used to do alot of works for private custs but to be fair not enough money in it these days and to much of a rat race so sold my sole to domestic contracts and commercial industrial works .can earn more money and less grief

out of interest h4s you say u do 2 boiler installs a day or did i misread?

ÂŁ300 each then, why not take 2 days for one and make ÂŁ1200?

er no would on price and would make ÂŁ300

Not critisizing but flushing through, taking time, not killing yourself and charging a decent rate works for me, hence my price regime and the custards then call me back for repairs and servicing. dont do yourself down your worth more surely

I don't work for tenants. I work for customers who I want to call me back in future, and i want their friends and family to call too. They might not remember what you said, but they'll remember that you said it, and that counts for a lot.

Bang on Tom, me as well, but H4S is in a different work sector where "usually" it's quantity over quality, H4S maybe doing top banana installs at 2 a day, but I know the ones I see are rushed, thrown in, no flush, benchmark would be the same figures if you went to their last 50 jobs etc, I just about do one a day but if gas upgrade flush, or condensate is tricky I let it run over to the next morning, all my work is mainly recommendation or from WB.

I class ÂŁ66 per hour as decent rate and boiler changes is hardly killing yourself bread and butter imo , hence why i stated in an earlier post i dont do full heat installs thats killing yourself, or fitting stainless steal on ships can be back breaking .

I class ÂŁ66 per hour as decent rate and boiler changes is hardly killing yourself bread and butter imo , hence why i stated in an earlier post i dont do full heat installs thats killing yourself, or fitting stainless steal on ships can be back breaking .
good rate but how can you fit 2 a day and comply with mfis flushing etc such that the boilers will work for a reasonable timescale. I presume that its for housing association etc

Bang on Tom, me as well, but H4S is in a different work sector where "usually" it's quantity over quality, H4S maybe doing top banana installs at 2 a day, but I know the ones I see are rushed, thrown in, no flush, benchmark would be the same figures if you went to their last 50 jobs etc, I just about do one a day but if gas upgrade flush, or condensate is tricky I let it run over to the next morning, all my work is mainly recommendation or from WB.

I work to exactly the same time frame. Or if jobs far away I'll stay late.

yes for H/A i flush when im cleaning up finishing eterior condense testing smoke alarms etc , you kind of have two things going on at once plus get inspections etc ansd water samples not had one fail yet .Although am suspicious of these water samples as when doing full heat packs and spent more time flushing would get some that failed which i found odd

impressed with all that, but at 50 plus, I like to work slower now, still getting same take home so we can both be happy, bet you sleep better tho!

Never show a cust how to use a stst as i say to them do you phone currys to find out how to use your tv remote? no you dont so heres you instructions and familiarise yourself adios lol

So when you fill in the benchmark and sign that you have instructed the customer in how to use the boiler and controls you are lying. Or do you cross out that bit and put gave customer instruction manuals and effed off? Very poor customer service in my view.

I like viessmann best. I tried a few different boilers last yeah. Anything but baxi!
I'll second that, 4 years, average of 25 boilers a year, not one iota of a prob.
Viessmann every time.
Mini expansion built in, combined prv & condensate, primary exchanger-large waterways a fantastic design. On the heat only range pump over run not required.
I would like to try a intergas some time but while Viessmanns give such reliability don't want to rock the boat at the mo.
Been twice on training, thats the only time I've taken one apart.
Cut my teeth on vaillants done all courses since 87, can give 7 years warranty ecotec plus, but think my customers would be beter served by 5 year's with Viessmann.
WB not in the same league if you seen a few year's in servicing.

I like viessmann best. I tried a few different boilers last yeah. Anything but baxi!
I'll second that, 4 years, average of 25 boilers a year, not one iota of a prob.
Viessmann every time.
Mini expansion built in, combined prv & condensate, primary exchanger-large waterways a fantastic design. On the heat only range pump over run not required.
I would like to try a intergas some time but while Viessmanns give such reliability don't want to rock the boat at the mo.
Been twice on training, thats the only time I've taken one apart.
Cut my teeth on vaillants done all courses since 87, can give 7 years warranty ecotec plus, but think my customers would be beter served by 5 year's with Viessmann.
WB not in the same league if you seen a few year's in servicing.

So when you fill in the benchmark and sign that you have instructed the customer in how to use the boiler and controls you are lying. Or do you cross out that bit and put gave customer instruction manuals and effed off? Very poor customer service in my view.

Nope your wrong , i instruct them how to use boiler and operations of timeclock and inform them how it works etc etc but to familiarise themselves with instructions so they know how to set times etc , besides 98 % of h/a tennants say i wont bother using that only switch to on /off .
Nearly every house i turn up in scream at you been waiting for my 'FREE BOILER' for two weeks then the minute you start they ask how long you going to be .

On another note you state 'So when you fill in the benchmark and sign that you have instructed the customer in how to use the boiler and controls you are lying' Explain the thousands of that work on house bashing new builds where they are not even sold and yet the benchmark is filled out with exactly as you say , that appliaes to about 40,000 installers with that issue. Least i explain the workings of it and boiler controls albeit i dont programme it for them

nothing is impossible
i am not only one who does this boiler changes are a doddle if you do them all the time and are kitted out for it ,you lot make it sound like we are building a space rocket not a billy basic boiler change . i do agree with lame plumber tho that older you get the less interested you get in hard work and more time you wish to take , hence why i said in earlier post full heat installs have no interest for me these days

How long you taking on a swap, 4/5 hours ?

it takes yer half an hour getting yer tools out, putting them back..

some going, I couldn't be bothered with that 100mph - to be honest it seems like you're working flat out, rushing and rushing in this job can lead to mistakes in our game

2 combis in a day is feasible as long as the system is clean but as soon as you start whipping out balanced flue boilers you are losing a lot of time on the brick up and making good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Most efficient boiler for a 4 bed house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock