Search the forum,

Discuss Most efficient boiler for a 4 bed house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mebuild

Hi can anyone steer me in the right direction on the best GAS boiler to run a 4 bed house it will have about 9 rads over 3 levels (after loft conversion) i have been looking at a worcester greenstar 34cdi this seems to be A rated
thanks for your time!
[h=1][/h]

Too many to choose from IMHO. You'll find that they are all a-rated more or less. Efficiency... The boiler is just a small part of it.

Hi can anyone steer me in the right direction on the best GAS boiler to run a 4 bed house it will have about 9 rads over 3 levels (after loft conversion) i have been looking at a worcester greenstar 34cdi this seems to be A rated
thanks for your time!

Hi mebuild.

As Howsie has said, regulations have changed over recent years, and there is now little to choose between new boilers in terms of efficiency.

More important is a system design that suits your property and lifestyle, suitable controls, and of course other energy efficiency measures like insulation.

Ideal vogue is probably most efficient boiler I've fitted. Modulation is excellent, must drop condense 5/6 times in 20-30mins.

yep get a worcester bosch and fork out for parts every year
Only if you don't fit em right, rest is covered by 7 year warranty so all good, by the best customer service going!

Mark will be along in a minute to shout Baxi!

thanks for your time!

Any boiler that you have fitted will have to be an 'A' rated condensing boiler.

If your after an efficient boiler, you'll want one that condenses in both hot water and heating modes, most combi boilers only condense in heating mode, meaning they are less efficient when being used for hot water.

The Intergas combi range is one that condenses in both modes, resulting in higher savings.

If you really want to maximise your efficiency, think about other controls, like room stats, weather compensation controls, TRVs, seperate zones.

Intergas - Smart Choice

Any boiler that you have fitted will have to be an 'A' rated condensing boiler.

If your after an efficient boiler, you'll want one that condenses in both hot water and heating modes, most combi boilers only condense in heating mode, meaning they are less efficient when being used for hot water.
Good point that pal, WB have been doing that for 12 years with the HE and now continues with CDi range

whats the problem with the hot water?

Have a read of Vogue have a look thread......basically TB fitted a 32 kw one replacing an aged Vokera, hot water was less than good, even though the Vokera was only 28 kw I think, so Ideals solution is to replace the 32kw vogue with a 40 kw vogue hhhmmmmmm

I like viessmann best. I tried a few different boilers last yeah. Anything but baxi!

I'm honestly not fussed just get on with whatever is in hand to be fair its the job i'm trained in so turn up and crack on use to do two heat packs a day now cant be bothered .Been doing two boilers a day tho at mo which now starting to get bored with .

I like viessmann best. I tried a few different boilers last yeah. Anything but baxi!
Yeah the later ones are ok, but early ones riddled with faults, div valve, PCB's, flue seals etc good idea the PRV into condensate, others should follow!

I'm honestly not fussed just get on with whatever is in hand to be fair its the job i'm trained in so turn up and crack on use to do two heat packs a day now cant be bothered .Been doing two boilers a day tho at mo which now starting to get bored with .

Aww I see you on your own or a team? 2 a day is some going with flush and benchmark paper work etc...I am a bit fed up with the trade at the moment, roll on spring...

i was fed up the day i joined the trade lol, yeah longish days but into a routine a can soon crack them out .

Only if you don't fit em right, rest is covered by 7 year warranty so all good, by the best customer service going!

Mark will be along in a minute to shout Baxi!

You keep saying this, I don't get it lol. How can fitting it right stop plastic from cracking? ;)

You must be the only one in the north of England that's fitting them right then Vern, cos I've never seen one that wasn't pants.

Some going that pal, I must be getting too old!.......

Takes me an hour to fill out benchmark and teach customers how to use controls. Takes at least another hour to flush properly (assuming no powerflusher). Leaving approx 2 hours to decom old and fit new boiler, possibly uprate gas and run new condensate. I couldn't do it and I wouldn't want to.

there you go half shift finished by twelve start next one by one home by 6 £600 banked cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Most efficient boiler for a 4 bed house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock