Search the forum,

Discuss Morterised valve and tank thermostat (danfoss) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard Stewart

I have recently bought a new house and have just found out my hot water button will not fire up my oil fired boiler!! But it works OK when just heating the rads. I have now discovered the tank mounted thermostat was not wired up!!!
It is on a S plan sytem and I tried to connect up with no joy.

The morterised valve up in the hot press goes into a round junction box with 2 other wires which I assume are the boiler and control panel.

The thermostat has only 2 wires brown (2) and blue (1). I tried these in a vary of positions ie- to the morterised valve wires. Which are brown,grey, orange and blue.

The best I could do was get the boiler working but turning the stat into a switch directly controlling the boiler and bypassing the control panel.

Head is wrecked think the guy before me was a nightmare. Please help

Richard.

Before applying any heat to your HW cylinder you need to establish whether it is a vented or unvented system. If you don't know, please post a couple of pictures showing the tank and pipework.

This is a safety issue.

Before applying any heat to your HW cylinder you need to establish whether it is a vented or unvented system. If you don't know, please post a couple of pictures showing the tank and pipework.

This is a safety issue.

Hi chuck

It's a vented sytem. Water tank in the loft

I would start from the beginning and rewire the lot

You might need to replace the heads if he's cut them back too much

IMG_1417.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Morterised valve and tank thermostat (danfoss) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock