Search the forum,

Discuss Mono block flexi tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people tend to just screw thi s in hand tight. I no a lot of instructions say this. I do tend to like giving a tiny nip up after if they is space to get a spanner in.

Yes if it's a recessed connection but if I can get a spanner on it I give it a 1/4 of a nip up

If unsure or cheap tap and don't like the feel of the flexi tight normally whip it out and o ring off and use some 577 on the threads

Being an o-ring it seals by its position, being trapped in the groove and within the female tapping on the tap body, not by how tight they are done up like with a washer or compression fitting.

As long as the flexi cannot unscrew, which it can't because it is fixed firmly at the other end, hand tight is as good a seal as doing it up with tools.

That 'wee nip with a spanner' after years of hot and cold could mean it needs destroying to get off at a later date. Completely unnecessary in my opinion. As above, the o-ring makes the seal. Hand tight only for me every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mono block flexi tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock