Search the forum,

Discuss Mono Basin Mixer Tap Problem Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stealth

Hi

I'm just a DIY'er popping over from the tiler forum.

I've got problem trying to fit a basin mixer monoblock type tap. The tap is connected by using 2 x 10mm flexible tap tails. The problem I have is that the tails go right into the body of the tap so I'm finding it impossible to tighten the hex part of the tail because I cannot get a spanner/wrench on it!

I've tightened the tails as much as possible by hand but both tails are leaking from the rubber washer at the top of the tail.

Has anyone got any idea how I can remedy this problem? It's getting to the stage where I may have to take the tap back and look for something else with an easier connection, which would be a shame as I like the tap.

Any ideas appreciated

Hi Sheath

Welcome to the plumbing forums

The joint on the tails is made when you screw the ends into the tap,the rubber 'o' ring seals against the side on the tap housing as it is screwed in,so even when hand tight should not leak,we tighten a bit to stop it from maybe coming loose but not needed

If leaking then rubber 'o' ring must be damaged or tap housing distorted,probably former,are taps low cost,if so ,maybe better getting separate better quality flexi's or copper tails,which you can do from merchant
make sure no grout ect gets on rubber 'o' ring or in tap as could damage rubber when threading in

imho

a good nip with your hands normally does the trick.

i have a question on the same type of tap. mine is leaking from the swivel head when turned on, i presume these are ceramic disk type taps but ive never split one down. are they easily fixable?

Hi fuzzy

There is another "o" ring in swivel section,spout comes off,either grub screw at rear or place spout sideways,usually to left,inline with tap head and it just pulls out
once out,'o' ring on spout end,replace,and silicon grease tap body,or remove 'o' ring and rap ptfe tap round recess twice round only,replace 'o' ring,grease,should be ok as long as 'o' only worn ,not damaged

cheers mate, will have a look at it this week when i get chance

Hi

I'm just a DIY'er popping over from the tiler forum.

I've got problem trying to fit a basin mixer monoblock type tap. The tap is connected by using 2 x 10mm flexible tap tails. The problem I have is that the tails go right into the body of the tap so I'm finding it impossible to tighten the hex part of the tail because I cannot get a spanner/wrench on it!

I've tightened the tails as much as possible by hand but both tails are leaking from the rubber washer at the top of the tail.

Has anyone got any idea how I can remedy this problem? It's getting to the stage where I may have to take the tap back and look for something else with an easier connection, which would be a shame as I like the tap.

Any ideas appreciated

Hi there,What make are the taps, obviously not a name brand, can you fit the flex to the tap first before fitting it to the block :D

Thanks for all the replies.

Had another go today. Took the tails off and refitted as tightly as I could by hand and the leak has gone. Very relieved!

Hi there,What make are the taps, obviously not a name brand, can you fit the flex to the tap first before fitting it to the block :D

Glad to hear you got it sorted, but I'm still trying to work out the type of taps and that was only the thought that had came to mined..
Keep up the good work there pal

Hi there from what it looks like a the cylinder is placed a horizontal distance from the cwsc and this is going to take longer to replenish.""
What is the size of the pipe from the cwsc to re-fil the cylinder??

puddle, did u mean the spout? if so its not that type, it has a swivel head for h/c and on/off like a shower mixer. i cannot see any grub screw like the ones u get on kitchen sinks with a swivell spout.

Sorry,if swivel head type,you may be able to get a service kit but probably require and best to fit a new cartridge,what make are they

If a round chrome barrel,round arm comes out of swivel head for operation,this usually unscrews and grub screw under that,undo,replace cartridge :)

Sorry,if swivel head type,you may be able to get a service kit but probably require and best to fit a new cartridge,what make are they

If a round chrome barrel,round arm comes out of swivel head for operation,this usually unscrews and grub screw under that,undo,replace cartridge :)

think were talking about the same thing now thanks puddle. i havnt had a close look but i didnt see a grub screw, although i know they're that small ther're hard to see sometimes.

it may be easier to take out the cartridge and take it to a merchants, who stocks em? my local plumbers wont, what about plumb centre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mono Basin Mixer Tap Problem Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock