Discuss Modern mixer taps are restricting the flow of hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, can anyone give advice, My mixer taps are only giving warm water even when turned on full blast ( the hot is in the pipe), my wife needs to wash up and have a hot bath!!!

What sort of hot water system do you have ? Combi boiler or hot water tank ? when did you change the taps ?

Hot water tank, three years since taps installed.

Have to checked the thermostat on the hot water tank to see what temp it is set at (60) ? Photo of controls in airing cupboard if poss

Sorry what do you mean by Thermostatic taps ? if that's the case then the sensors need changing, What make of taps do you have ? or do you mean that you have blending valves fitted in the pipe work ?

No, JTS, I suggested that the OP may be talking about a thermostatic mixer or mixers. In fact, it isn't clear at all what taps are being discussed (unless the wife washes up in the bath?).
Quite possible that it is a case of themostatic mixers of thermostatic blending valves underneath the taps since the OP says 'the hot is in the pipe', which I think means the pipe is getting hotter than the water coming out of the tap.
But not worth replying further unless we hear back from the OP...

Thanks for your input all. The problem is solved in the old fashioned way . I gave each set several "twats" with the fat end of a screw driver-bricklayer style- and voila! hot water. No washing dishes in the bath until the water crisis really bites...

,interesting... so is it best to go back to basics, as in less complicated, or pay more for quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Modern mixer taps are restricting the flow of hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back