Search the forum,

Discuss Mitsubishi ecobang in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bin chatting to me customer for the last hour, originally he was going to go with a heat pump from Earth Save Products but changed his mind, now I am going to have to find out who is going to change the pump, and the customer has said he doesnt want another ecodan so should be interesting in the next day or two

Going to look at earth save products in the next week or two Unguided1

They are good chaps over there, very helpfull and you get a lot of back up from them, and they dont sell this sort of rubbish.

here is a piccie of the offending ecobang

must admit,worse than I thought it would have been,will be interesting to get details

having reread my post I would like to add that the install in the picture is nothing to do with me, my first post infers that it is one of my installations, this is not intended.
I have recently installed an ecodan but it wasnt the one that went bang

Even if it were one of your installs its could not be your fault.
Here is my experienced theory as to why, most of the manufacturers of heat pumps that I have dealt with on the technical side and I am referring to 5 of the most popular.

The condensing side of the heat pump (the bit that produces the heat) has the obvious temp control for its operation, However the heat produced and the time it takes to transfer it is not instant hence the compressor starts and stop on a simple single pole single throw NC contact which operates when the compressor is working close to maximum full load amps.
When the differential of pressure has dropped 40/50 psi the compressor restarts which puts the pressure switch contact under a deal of electrical stress.

What has been discovered before during testing is that the contacts have fused, melted, stuck together resulting in no high pressure control and ultimately causing rupture of the weakest part of the heat pumps refrigeration circuit.

were talking in excess of 400 psi / 30 bar ish released in an instant

Ps I wish I could make My posts look as good as bernies;)

ecodan are an outstanding unit - they have been let down by one third party component from a supplier which has resulted in this.

shame about all the bad press.

It doesnt make the papers if a new ford breaks down!

Mitsi have has 7500 of these out there and it's the first problem.

We've sold 170 in the last 6 months and we're smiling cos we've only had one controller fail..........

ecodan are an outstanding unit - they have been let down by one third party component from a supplier which has resulted in this.

shame about all the bad press.

It doesnt make the papers if a new ford breaks down!

Mitsi have has 7500 of these out there and it's the first problem.

We've sold 170 in the last 6 months and we're smiling cos we've only had one controller fail..........
so what you saying is 169 left then??????????:D

is the mitsubishi ecobang the same as a ford fiesta? coz they blow up as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mitsubishi ecobang in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock