Search the forum,

Discuss Miracle seal ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtsplumbing

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Watching TV this morning (Shopping Channel) Saw this product being used Miracle Seal CT1 www.ct1ltd.com looked to be very good, have sent off for more information, eg can it be used on combi systems, as it been approved by any boiler manufacture ect.

Has any one used it ? if so what do you think ? :conehead:

Used it on pool fittings underwater, I would say it's about 80% as good as it says. Worth keeping a tube in. Build Center do their own version too.

Hi thereisawizza, this one is not the one in a tube ! its in a small can and can be added to a heating system / car ect, they claim it is ok with inhibitors ect, and will-not clog up any moveing parts, my concern was what about AAVs on Boiler or system, and would any of the Boiler Maker`s OK its use !?

This product sounds like 'radweld' which was available years ago.
IMO forget it, it will clog up all sorts of sensitive components and cause you mucho grief...

Hi mountainman, could be but their add says no, have ask`d them for more information, also email`d some of boiler manf to get their feed-back, if anyone saw add this morning it look`d quite impresive, if as good as they claim & is ok by boiler manf it could solve a lot of minor leaks, Not intending to use it yet untill I get more information, You remember `radweld` you must be almost as old as me ! lol
:wheelchair:

Hi Folks !
I've just ordered a 250 ml can.
Heres a video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7tVy_HONdA
I just installed a dual segment, solar-thermal system at home and a dry pressure test at 4 bar shows a 1 bar loss of pressure over night.
All accessible plumbing is tight but some o-rings and stuff is under the in-roof flashing which i have just tiled...:75:
Yes ...... i did test that leg first, but hey :nono: happens dunnit ?
I will report back, once the system is up and running.
I got 20 litres of PG antifreeze to chuck in there so we wanna hold-tight dont we ?
It seems to me there is a need to fill the system and bleed it first, before introducing this sealer!
Otherwise the stuff will treat a functioning air vent as a leak !!!!!

watch this space y'all !

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks... point taken.
But I thought i was talking about the same topic ?
So not really a good start eh ?

Have used ct1 products for some years now, never had a problem with the products they make. Not used this one yet. Dont think they would put it out there to fail and give themselves a bad name.

Just spoke with one of their sales reps.
He seemed to be totally clued-up so im confident in whay he says aboutvtheir product.
He says that the product is fine under suspension in fluid and will not block any air vents, pumps or valves etc.
100 % guaranteed product.
For the money there's not much to lose is there ?
We shall see once my can arrives and its been tried out !
Hold tight !

only problem is 1 bottle only does a 25l system

That's what I understand, need at least 4 cans for average system was told they would do a deal for 4 or more also that they were thinking of producing a larger container

I'm using it on solar thermal so 25 litres is fine. 18 litre system volume Inc coil, pipework, exp.vessel and collectors. (Each one only holds 1.2 litres)
I'll probably use 2 bottles if pressure doesn't hold.
I shall update once I've tried it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Miracle seal ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved into a house which has cellar within which is a radiator which is part of the central heating system. The rad looks old, rusty and horrible as does the...
Replies
Views
Evening, just had new boiler and Ch pump. 24hrs later noticed pump was constantly pumping despite schedule being off. Only way to stop it was to turn boiler off, opened airing cupboard to notice slight wet patch from a leaking valve near pump. Fitter sent someone out who drained system and...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the Government in the UK needs to do more to make green energy heat pumps and other green central heating options more affordable for the UK customers...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock