Search the forum,

Discuss MIRA PLATINUM WIRELESS DIGITAL SHOWER - Advice please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alibee

Hi there, I've just joined tonight and not sure of my way round this yet!

I'm about to have a new shower room fitted on 5th July and have to decide NOW what kind of shower I want!

I was going to replace our 20-odd year old Mira electric shower for a newer model - until I saw the Mira Platinum wireless digital shower on their web page and thought it looked brilliant. More room in the new shower cabinet (which will be 800 x 1000) and I love the idea of turning it on from the outside before I get in. But can anyone tell me if they have any experience of it, what the flow is like (it will be a lot better than the one we have, I'm sure!), and what sort of things could go wrong with it - any downsides? I don't want to be reckless as it is expensive, but I would love something a bit different and everything seems so easy to control.

Please advise ASAP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered a Mira Platinum for my own place, so im keen to hear any thoughts on it.
What type of system will you be running it off? i.e combi boiler or tank fed? If combi you will get a great shower compared to an electric shower.
Before buying the Mira Platinum make sure you know where your going to mount the box as there is a 'ceiling fed' and 'behind wall' type. If your shower is upstairs and there is a loft above then the ceiling option looks the best (this is the one ive ordered) and dont forget even though this is a mixer (digital mixer) you will need an electric supply to the mixer unit. Be sure to download the installation instructions from the net and have a read before buying.

To Mark Ross

Thank you for your very quick response!

My husband said our shower we have now is off the cold water supply - don't understand all this!

All I know is that nothing affects our shower, whether it's the washing machine, dishwasher etc that's on and that's why he wants another electric shower. But I would love a shower where the unit box isn't inside the shower cabinet and you can switch it on from a switch/button somewhere convenient in the bathroom.

If you buy a wireless digital shower I'll be envious,:D and desperate to know how you get on with it!

Gray0689 - Thank you too! I'm going to check out Aqualisa.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you like the remote model on an aqualisa ilux I might be able to do you a deal
Give me a shout it you fancy one
They the best on Market

hi i fitted one of these for a customer a couple of weeks ago. it was the ceiling fed style. easy to fit and a brilliant shower. the flip stream shower head is really good. you won't be disappointed. fitted pump unit in airing cupboard, then up into loft and down into bathroom.

Finally got the Mira Platinum up and running yesterday and used today. Definately the best shower ive ever had. Easy to fit, looks the dogs dangles and quality product. The only thing i would say is this shower is probably too good for an over bath shower.

I have the Mira Platinum Shower for 4 months now. (combi boiler/behind the wall fed) It has been a great shower - prob too powerful for the shower bath. However, I have had to replace the 3 AA batterries every 3 or 4 weeks and lately I have to switch off the central heating at the boiler to stop the temperature going cold every couple of minutes whilst using it (obviously didnt have this problem during the summer).

I have the Mira Platinum Shower for 4 months now. (combi boiler/behind the wall fed) It has been a great shower - prob too powerful for the shower bath. However, I have had to replace the 3 AA batterries every 3 or 4 weeks and lately I have to switch off the central heating at the boiler to stop the temperature going cold every couple of minutes whilst using it (obviously didnt have this problem during the summer).

Hi there. Just to let you know about the battery issue, I have first hand experience with the Mira and the battery consumption is a known fault with the handset which affects a very small minority of units. You have two options -

1) If you are still in warranty (or perhaps if you aren't and want to chance your arm with the customer support lines) ring up and ask for a new control unit

2) Likely fault with the over consumption is the interal buzzer short circuiting - it's a real pain to get the unit apart as they aren't meant to be disassembled really but if you can get it apart (using substantial force to push the inner black unit downwards and out of the bezel) if you disconnect (cut off) the buzzer it should return to normal consumption

hi, just trying to fit one of these showers. can you tell me if you ran power direct from the consumer unit or if you took it from the ring main to a 3 amp spur many thanks

hi just go from the ring main, to a fused spur. if in doubt get a sparky to check it !

hi I'm new here have just moved into a new house, I have a mira platinum that keeps going out of signal when showering, has the pump gone, or is it more simple?

No, it's likely to be an obstacle between the valve and the controller (be it a concrete wall, water storage vessel etc) that's blocking the signal. Best bet is to move the controller nearer or around any obstacles to improve reception. With low pressure pumped products, the pump is probably also contributing to electrical noise which makes it worse. If you can't move the controller closer, request a service visit and the engineer can fit an extended antenna from the valve to aid reception

Hi there - apologies if not putting my question to the forum in the correct way! New to this forum as you can probably tell. I installed a Mira Vier Shower about ten months ago. It's suddenly only giving luke warm water, regardless of what temperature you type in on the keypad and no matter how much you set the max temperature. Flow is fine. Batteries have been checked and all other hot water in bathroom and kitchen is working fine, as are radiators. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Kids not enjoying series of chilly showers!!

After 3 years of use I have the same problem Dan. i have been in touch with MIRA (usually phone them from work so have to wait to get home to try anything out) first they told me to switch the mixer unit of for 10 minutes so it re-sets itself (this didn't cure it) and check that the shower head isn't blocked, today they have asked me if the boiler is switching on and of while the shower is operating. I will check this out tonight but am pretty sure it isn't as i think i would have heard it.
The are very helpful when you phone them. Might be worth just doing these checks though before you do.
Let me know how you get on or if you have solved your problem. I will let you know next week if they give me anymore instructions.

Cheers
Mark

Dreadful shower. Driven demented by intermittent signal loss issues (we are in a town and the set up is fine) and it coming on all by itself. Also had the cold shower issue (that was a fault with the digital mixer sticking which they now have a fix for). Now find that they can't fix the signal issue and are basically telling me 'tough' - 9 visits later! Never again!!!

Please register with and repost with any questions you have about your shower and we'll try to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MIRA PLATINUM WIRELESS DIGITAL SHOWER - Advice please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock