Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Mira Agile thermostartic mixer isn't that hot in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. mitchditch

mitchditch New Member

Hi there

I recently had a Mira Agile mixer shower installed and it just doesn't get really hot flow of water from the shower head. It's running from a Combi boiler (recently installed and working fine), and the pressures are both equal and strong.

When I restrict the cold flow into the bathroom, it still doesn't make a difference - still just warm/hot water flow.

Any advice as to why or a remidy would be amazing.

Thanks,

Mitch

2. kay-jay

kay-jay Trusted Plumber GSR

Is that the one that has one control dial that turns it on and does temperature as well?

3. kay-jay

How hot is the water from your taps? Maybe the hw output on the boiler needs tirning up...

4. thompsonbrown

thompsonbrown Plumber GSR

I take it that you are pushing in the temp safty button to make it hotter. If so have a look in your manual under commissioning you should be able to increase the temp
    failing that it could be a blocked inlet strainer or faulty thermostatic cartridge.

5. mitchditch

mitchditch New Member

It has separate heat and pressure controls.

6. mitchditch

mitchditch New Member

Taps are red hot. Shower is hot, just not really hot.

7. mitchditch

mitchditch New Member

Well the shower is brand new (and as said it is hot, just not really hot, I don't want it scalding, just hot hot! ;) ), so is the boiler. It doesn't have temp safety button for what I know on the Agile.

8. kay-jay

there isnt a red button on this one i dont think tb.
    just one dial that turns it on and adjusts temp. agree that it could be a blocked filter but would checkhw temp at other outlets first

9. Paulus

Paulus Plumber

It is probably just that the maximum temperature is set too low for your particular requirements. This can be adjusted higher quite simply as can be seen in your User Guide. If you don't have the guide you can download it from the Mira website.

10. thompsonbrown

thompsonbrown Plumber GSR

If there is no temp overide button then you might find your shower has been factory set at 42 degrees C
    I would contact Mira and see what they say.

11. Plumbstar Tom

Plumbstar Tom Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  12. mitchditch

mitchditch New Member

You sir a legend not a star! Will check this tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mitchditch

mitchditch New Member

Thanks guys (sorry thompsonbrown, I missed your suggestion) I now have a steaming hot shower, it's ace.

14. ericaswas

ericaswas New Member

I know this is 3 years on, but did you manage to get your Mira Agile hotter?
    I have just had one fitted (but combined heat and pressure controls, not separate) and it's not hot enough. Boiler gives 60C which is very hot at taps but not at shower.
    Booklet says factory set at 41, have tried adjusting as per instructions (says 1deg per quarter turn, but turn too much and the hub just gets looser, and would eventually fall off!), still not hot enough. Is this just a poor shower??

15. Plumbstar Tom

Plumbstar Tom Well-Known Member

Think he did considering post #13

Pretty decent shower and a good supplier

Try turning on a couple of cold taps when the shower is on and see if the temp is hotter
    it doesn't sound right that the hub gets looser, are you turning the correct component?