Search the forum,

Discuss Minimum for a Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi All

dealing with a very nice landlord who is trying to plan the layout of a recently acquired first floor flat. The current install is a vented old school boiler that's just been condemned.

Question is what's the lowest flow and pressure you would happily install a Combi on. Testing I get 8lpm and just under 1bar I've said I'm not happy but LL is insistent that the old layout doesn't fit with her plan.

I think I know the answer but just looking for a bit of reassurance

Any thoughts.

Change the stop tap to see if it improves flow?

It's a full bore lever from a previous partial refurb

Being first floor flat does it have its own main supply or is it shared from the flat/shop below?.....regards Turnpin:8:

Min I would is 1 bar and 12lpm

What's Pipework to lever valve ?

Last edited:
I'm with Shaun
12 Ltr per min minimum and 1:0 bar
Absolute minimum or you're asking for trouble

I'm with Shaun
12 Ltr per min minimum and 1:0 bar
Absolute minimum or you're asking for trouble

Thanks chaps you've confirmed what I thought. Not enough water full stop.

Can you fit a booster pump to the mains?

Potentially yeah I will discuss with the landlord

why is this such an issue? I'd just explain to the landlord that it's not ideal but will work fine

It's not such an issue I was merely commenting after doing my tests. We all know what landlords are like and even the nicest ones Can turn so I was just getting onto the questions they will inevitably ask

the way i see it is generally most of the water points in a property will be fitted with braided flexi hoses and restrict the flow right down anyway so an 8 lpm flow rate wouldn't concern me and would still give a better shower than most electric ones. I'd say fit it explaining your concerns to the customer and mention that if they are unhappy with it a home booster pump could be fitted in the future. If you turn the work down the next person will come along and fit it with a smile on their face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Minimum for a Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock