Search the forum,

Discuss Minimum distance of branch pipe from top of stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm connecting a 110mm branch pipe to the main stack the top of which is in the loft (sealed with a air admission valve) however the likely connection point will be about 20 inches from the top of the stack.

Is there a minimum distance from the top of the stack any branch connections must be?

Thanks

Don't think there's a minimum however the AAV should terminate higher than the highest over flow point

Don't think there's a minimum however the AAV should terminate higher than the highest over flow point

Do you mean terminate higher than where the branch pipe connects to the stack? That would surely be the case, otherwise the branch pipe would be pouring soil into it :)

I'm assuming you are installing a bathroom /toilet? If you have a basin the AAV must terminate above the overflow of the basin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Minimum distance of branch pipe from top of stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock