Search the forum,

Discuss Mini saw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Just bought on of those mini saws today what a cracking piece of kit BOOM

Very handy for getting into tight spaces. I got a cordless 20v lithium one. Love it

I did look for a cordless one but couldn't find one i wanted , opted for this was well happy when used it in anger and its a lot less mess.

Bet it quicker than a multi tool. My big old circular went belly up and have been wondering what to get to replace it.

When you've had a chance to use it a bit more could you do us a review??

How is this different from a normal angle grinder? Picked titan one for a tenner last week from screwfix. this is 100 quid!

Multitool can cut straight at a 90degree angle which is the main advantage, doesnt look like this can

How is this different from a normal angle grinder? Picked titan one for a tenner last week from screwfix. this is 100 quid!

Looks like it would get into tighter spots than a normal circular

I squeezed it under a kitchen cupboard yesterday can't do that with circ saw , plus mess circ makes is ridiculous.Owned a multi tool better off in the bin than the van big bonus of this tool is depth set on it so can get precise cuts on flooring without cutting cables or pipes.
You can get this in places you can't with angle grinders as well plus less dangerous and less noise,you don't have to buy one for hundred either more you pay the better the motor more drive on the cut.

My cordless circular does that tho & this dosent look to be a match for a circular saw
Its s fraction of the size of a circ saw. I cant speak for his. But mine has a high speed 85mm blade and its deffo faster for some jobs compared to my multi tool.
They both have their strong points and complement each other
My mini plunge saw is 20v lithium

Sounds good but I fear its just another toy to get its lead wrapped round my legs as I stagger around after kneeling too long..

Its s fraction of the size of a circ saw. I cant speak for his. But mine has a high speed 85mm blade and its deffo faster for some jobs compared to my multi tool.
They both have their strong points and complement each other
My mini plunge saw is 20v lithium

i won't go back to a circa saw now i have this

I have a Worx plunge mini saw which isn't the very best brand but I find it perfect for cutting out a floorboard or any board for that matter. If it's a longer run then of course I use something bigger but for a couple of boards at a time it's quicker than my multi-tool and far easier to handle than a full size circular saw.

[video=youtube;rZntBeXJhpU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZntBeXJhpU[/video]

Last edited:
Seems a great little tool somebody's got to make an 18v version of this chop chop makita

ÂŁ55 at Argos at the min cheap to !

Last edited:
Damn this thread...I want one now.

I have Bosch 10.8 drills, maybe I should get this..

[DLMURL]http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M05223c4b07110f600d877893072c956bo0&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at these a while back, and decided whilst it would be useful on occasion, it does nothing that my fein cant do (maybe takes a little longer)

problem is to many gadgets to tempt you ,theres nothing that cant be done without power tools it just takes longer i started this game with a rawlplug tool you hit with a hammer to make the hole for a screw i could carry both in one hand now i need a battery drill spare battery charger and often an extension lead to do the same job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mini saw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock