Search the forum,

Discuss milwaukee sds drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmart

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
As above which ones best?

You don't want to be using an SDS for core drilling. The clutch is too strong and won't cut in soon enough if the core bit jams.

Which drill would be best then mike ? ddm3 ?

The Milwaukee dedicated core drill is a fantastic bit of kit and lighter than the ddm3. I have used the Milwaukee core drill, and I own a DDM2. Both are fantastic drills but the DDM2/3 are very heavy if you are holding it up.

Mark.

You don't want to be using an SDS for core drilling. The clutch is too strong and won't cut in soon enough if the core bit jams.

That's very true IF you use dry diamond core bits in a SDS but TCT core bits should be used with a SDS and with the hammer on so you get much less chance of snatch as the cutting teeth are tiny and the bit is much shorter. Dry diamond cores are longer and as you know have large, blunt coated teeth of a steel cylinder which are designed to abrade rather than cut which is why you need a decent clutch to use them. Problem is most diamond cores come with a SDS adapter encouraging their misuse and that's just dangerous especially with the larger diameters, still if the drill is mainly for large cores I agree get a core drill.

[video=youtube;bpaE3IQD8bM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpaE3IQD8bM[/video]

Last edited:
Which drill would be best then mike ? ddm3 ?

I've got the Milwaukee core drill. Better priced than the DDM3 but a cracking drill. It's got a very light hammer action which can be used if the diamond core starts to jam, without damaging the core bit.

I've got the Milwaukee core drill. Better priced than the DDM3 but a cracking drill. It's got a very light hammer action which can be used if the diamond core starts to jam, without damaging the core bit.

Which model do you have mate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to milwaukee sds drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock