Search the forum,

Discuss Milwaukee Fuel Combi Kit America in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Tommo25

Gas Engineer
Hi all,

I've been having a look at the Milwaukee Fuel combi drills, and noticed that they are so much cheaper when bought in from america. Would I have any problems charging the batteries up or any other issues I should consider? And has any one else bought one from over there?

Thanks

need a new charger for one and no warranty

Right ok but the batteries would work fine with a new charger?

yes battery is a battery but dont forget about customs duty

dont need a new charger, just get the 120-240v adapter or order one.
did that for a laptop we bought over there.

You'd have problems with import duty + VAT otherwise everybody would be doing it, that's unless you know somebody willing to do you a favour of course.

generally speaking, add 20% for VAT, 3% for import duty, around £13.50 for customs admin..

usually chargers are both voltages but youll have an American plug.

it would be worth it if it were $2 / £1 again but exchange rates are rubbish atm.

I'd be surprised if they could wriggle out of the warranty if you bought a Milwaukee charger. No excuses about incompatibility with their batteries...

No but bet you there warranty would be with there us division

No but bet you there warranty would be with there us division

usually the case.. I used to be a big seller of DiMarzio guitar pickups in the UK when the exchange rate was favorable at $2/£1
I used to get people come to me with warranty enquiries and the first question I would ask is "where did you buy it from" because we wouldnt warranty anything from the USA.
I would be surprised if Milwaulkee is any different.

usually the case.. I used to be a big seller of DiMarzio guitar pickups in the UK when the exchange rate was favorable at $2/£1
I used to get people come to me with warranty enquiries and the first question I would ask is "where did you buy it from" because we wouldnt warranty anything from the USA.
I would be surprised if Milwaulkee is any different.
got any left?

just a thought..plug the charger into a 110v tranny

got any left?

just a thought..plug the charger into a 110v tranny

a few.. mostly used out of guitars that I made..
Joe Satch pickups usually.

the chargers have a large voltage range, can plug into anything but will come with that 2 pin American connector, which sucks

The guys are right about the warranty issue. I have bough most of my milwaukee tools from UK but the odd body bought from the US. When i took it to the lads i bought my Uk gear from with motor that had failed they said milwaukee Uk won't touch it because its from the US. The price difference is huge though even with the import charges.

I've not long bought the 6 piece fuel kit for £870 incl from UK
How much are the US kits

Not sure if its still the case but years ago the likes of Dewalt and Makita would not supply a company again who sold from U.S to U.K.
So it was never worth the risk of suppliers to do this as they are always cheaper in the U.S .
I would imagine this may still be the case.

Reply to Milwaukee Fuel Combi Kit America in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock